I really cannot understand the tipping "system"

Why do some workers expect to be tipped all the time and others never expect to be tipped? We tend to tip taxi drivers and restaurant waiting staff I would suggest more than anyone, but we would never consider tipping our GP.

Why are we "expected" to tip some workers but not others?

Why do some workers expect to be tipped all the time and others never expect to be tipped? We tend to tip taxi drivers and restaurant waiting staff I would suggest more than anyone, but we would never consider tipping our GP.

I would have thought your GP would be more likely to be tipped over the edge following a visit from the local weirdo!:hihi:

OK. Why do taxi drivers expect a tip...but bus drivers do not?

They both drive public service vehicles?

Taxi drivers expect a tip? They must be so disappointed when they get me as a passenger then!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Would you work on your feet all evening for minimum wage? Can't say I would want to.

Would spend all night driving drunk people about with the cost of fuel, insurance, devaluation every mile? etc? Don't think I fancy it.

I tip good most taxi drivers and in restaurants. My GP probably earns 60K and doesn't work all evening so I think he does OK.

Would you work on your feet all evening for minimum wage? Can't say I would want to.

Would spend all night driving drunk people about with the cost of fuel, insurance, devaluation every mile? etc? Don't think I fancy it.

I tip good most taxi drivers and in restaurants. My GP probably earns 60K and doesn't work all evening so I think he does OK.

So you tip people who are not paid very well. But surely they have the option to train as a doctor rather than relying on charity?

Shop workers are only paid minimum wage, but would you tip a girl on the till in Wilkinsons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

Taxi drivers expect a tip? They must be so disappointed when they get me as a passenger then!

Tight wad then!

Not at all. I tip for exceptional service. Getting me where I want to be and no more is what I'm paying for. Not sure how a taxi could be exceptional really but just doing their job isn't enough to get a tip.

I do tip, often, but I want more than just what I'm paying for.

Not at all. I tip for exceptional service. Getting me where I want to be and no more is what I'm paying for. Not sure how a taxi could be exceptional really but just doing their job isn't enough to get a tip.

I do tip, often, but I want more than just what I'm paying for.

You have been fantasising after reading the thread about lady taxi drivers haven't you?....NAUGHTY!:hihi:

Archived