Silver Blades Ice rink

I worked at Silver Blades 67-70 with Ron Davies and Ringo on maintenance.Remember Irene Munks, a coach, I think it was 7/6d for 20 mins tuition on the ice.Dave Crook,a scouser, was DJ.

Ron Blanchard used to drive the Zamboni round the ice after every session.

Good times.

Originally posted by vanjon

I worked at Silver Blades 67-70 with Ron Davies and Ringo on maintenance.Remember Irene Munks, a coach, I think it was 7/6d for 20 mins tuition on the ice.Dave Crook,a scouser, was DJ.

Ron Blanchard used to drive the Zamboni round the ice after every session.

Good times.

Yes I remember Irene Munks blonde hair. Many stories about Dave Crook(s) after he left.

absolutely loved it!! Started there when it first opened - 1963??!! Wasnt old enough to go when the bands were playing at night but went at weekends an schoold holidays. Still have my ice skates - though sadly not used these days as there is nowhere decent to skate in Melbourne - last skated in Sydney at the Macquarie Centre 16 years ago. Still have my little leather wrist purse from there which I still use when I go walking!