Rip off prices for food and drink at football grounds.

Because the money they make helps them to pay some multi-millionaires to kick a ball about, and as someone who goes to football presumably you like that kind of thing?

You presume wrong! I don't go to matches any more because they rip you off in every way, and if everybody stop going there would be no millionares around for kicking a ball about.:hihi:

Never mind the food and drink prices (which I'm sure are extortionate), what about the cost of just getting in the flippin places? If anything is a rip off then the entrance prices have to be top of the rip-off list!

Your right that's why I mentioned ripped off in every way, I love football but it's getting past a joke the prices they are charging, the message is slowly getting through because the terraces and stands are now half empty, like I also mentioned earlier if everybody just missed a few matches I'm sure this greedy lot would get the message, why can't they work on turn over, make it cheaper and get the grounds full, I see blokes in our pub which were the biggest supporters ever, but just can't afford to go anymore and even worse can't take their kids who should be the next generation to support, I used to love saturday afternoons going to the match with my dad and two brothers, pies at half time with an oxo, these lot are spoiling our favourite past time, and should be ashamed.

Your right that's why I mentioned ripped off in every way, I love football but it's getting past a joke the prices they are charging, the message is slowly getting through because the terraces and stands are now half empty, like I also mentioned earlier if everybody just missed a few matches I'm sure this greedy lot would get the message, why can't they work on turn over, make it cheaper and get the grounds full, I see blokes in our pub which were the biggest supporters ever, but just can't afford to go anymore and even worse can't take their kids who should be the next generation to support, I used to love saturday afternoons going to the match with my dad and two brothers, pies at half time with an oxo, these lot are spoiling our favourite past time, and should be ashamed.

The problem is, is that the whole thing has become a money making machine, for the benefit of shareholders. There's not that much that's going to change anything. All a boycot would do would be to bring their finances to it's knees, and they would go into liquidation and disappear. Nothing is going to bring it back to the good old days.

The last match I went to was in the 70's and I didn't particularly like it because of the thuggish element there. But on rare occasions I would like to go to the odd match, but the cost of ticket prices prohibits it, and quite frankly it's not worth it!

The problem is, is that the whole thing has become a money making machine, for the benefit of shareholders. There's not that much that's going to change anything. All a boycot would do would be to bring their finances to it's knees, and they would go into liquidation and disappear. Nothing is going to bring it back to the good old days.

The last match I went to was in the 70's and I didn't particularly like it because of the thuggish element there. But on rare occasions I would like to go to the odd match, but the cost of ticket prices prohibits it, and quite frankly it's not worth it!

Your bang on! and on reflection a boycot would make things worse, I was going down the lines of teach em a lesson, I think the way to bring back the good old days is for the FA to make prices cheaper and fill the grounds again, I don't know if I'm right in saying this but when ever I see some kind of sport in America I can see their grounds are full and a big family affair and all eating and drinking, The Americans have always been fair in that respect, value for money ect, our lot should follow their lead.

The problem is, is that the whole thing has become a money making machine, for the benefit of shareholders....!

Sheffield United lost £13.6 million last year.

Mandaric has put over £40 million in to Wednesday.

Arsenal are about the only sustainably funded Premier League club and they don't pay shareholder dividends.

Not a lot of money is going to shareholders.

Archived