MPs renting out their taxpayer funded homes to each other.

I hope it does, because I agree with Chris_Sleeps' sentiments in #9.

I just think the telly audience is more interested in Jimmy Savile at the moment, whereas the Radio 4 audience is more likely to be interested in this as a developing story.

I don't think it's a case of the BBC ignoring it.

Edit. Am I allowed to say Jimmy Savile?

Only if you promise not to offend his defenders on here. ;)

Even if it was they won't be able to ignore it for very much longer.

I agree entirely about what the general viewer probably finds more interesting at the moment.

Some people don't give a hoot even when they know what's being done to them...as witnessed on this thread. Talk about turkeys voting for christmas. :hihi:

I am shocked that such things can still shock you.

Glad that you are better.

Why would it be against the rules to own property and rent it out.

Don't you want to wait to find out which parties the MPs are in? If we find they're mostly Labour will you do a u-turn and start attacking the practice?

Any names you recognise?

The following MPs rented out their London properties while claiming rent for another property in the city during the current financial year:

David Amess, Clive Betts, Aidan Burley, Andy Burnham, Bill Cash, Damian Collins, David Crausby, Philip Davies, Don Foster, Liam Fox, Robert Goodwill, Sir Nick Harvey, Stephen Hepburn, Charles Kennedy, Jessica Lee, Peter Luff, Anne-Marie Morris, Angus Robertson, Chris Ruane, Jon Trickett, Andrew Turner, Ben Wallace

Meg Munn used to have this arrangement but the Register of Members Interests says it ceased in April 2012

Already seen it thanks.

Unless you're renting out just a room for a flat share or house share, people don't normally live in a property they are renting to somebody else. Unless they own another local property that they can live in, this may necessitate them (the landlord) renting another property as a tenant.

Archived