Killing Threats to Pakistani Media Top Anchor

Taliban issues death threat against two Pakistani TV journalists for condemning the shooting of “Malala”

:gag:

Islamabad:Taliban leadership have ordered its militants to attack the offices of two top Pakistani TV channels Geo News and ARY and two of its anchormen. The Taliban’s message expressed anger at the TV journalists for their open condemnation of attack on 14 years old Swat girl Malala Yousafzai.Taliban spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan sent two long statements to Pakistani media in last two days in which he criticized me and my colleague in Geo TV Dr.Amir Liaqat Hussain in very strong words and declared us enemies of Islam.Ehsan is the same person who accepted the responsibility of attack on Malala last week in Swat.

According to an official letter sent by the National Crises Management Cell of the Interior Ministry to all the provincial governments on October 15th, North Wazirastan based Taliban leadership have ordered its Tariq Brigade to eliminate Hamid Mir as soon as possible because he is the one who introduced Malala Yousafzai first time on TV in 2009.Taliban are angry with me because i said in my TV show that all those who attacked a 14 years old girl were cowards.I also criticized the government for not taking any action for the protection of Malala.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik annouced one million US $ bounty for the arrest of Ehsanullah Ehsan on October 16th but i am personally not satisfied on this announcement. Ehsanullah Ehsan is sending emails and sms messages,calling on our mobile phones but no intelligence agency have intercepted him so far.Interior Ministry is only writing letters to different provincial governments but not doing anything to arrest the culprits.I demand that government must provide security to all the TV channels and anchors recieving threats from Taliban.

جیو کے پروگرام ”آج کامران خان کے ساتھ “ کے میزبان نے اپنے تجزیے میں کہا ہے کہ بے شک ڈرون اور دہشتگرد حملوں پر تنقید اور احتجاج کرنا بھی ضروری ہے،پاکستانیوں کیلئے آنسو بہانے کے سوا کوئی چارہ نہیں ہے،حکومت کی جانب سے میڈیا کے تحفظ کے لئے کوئی بڑی اور سنجیدہ کوشش سامنے نہیں آرہی۔انہوں نے کہا کہ ملالہ پر حملہ کرنے والوں کے لئے بری خبر ہے،اٹھارہ کروڑ پاکستانیوں کے لئے اچھی خبر ہے کہ ملالہ یوسف زئی زندگی کی جانب رواں دواں ہے۔ ملالہ یوسف زئی اتنی بڑی چوٹ کے باوجود بہت اچھی طرح صحت یاب ہورہی ہیں۔برمنگھم سے ڈاکٹرز کا کہنا ہے کہ جتنی تیزی سے ملالہ ریکورکرنے کی کوشش کررہی ہیں اس وہ بہت متاثر ہوئے ہیں۔ منگل کو ایک اور بیان تحریک طالبان پاکستان کی جانب سے جاری کیا گیا ہے اور اس میں ملالہ یوسف زئی پر حملے کا بھرپور دفاع کیا گیا ہے۔ ایک بار پھر میڈیا کو نشانہ بنایا گیا اور ہمارے ایک ساتھی، سینئر صحافی و کیپیٹل ٹاک کے میزبان حامد میر کو نشانہ بنایا گیا ہے، پیر کو جو بیان آیاتھا اس میں ہمارے ساتھی اور اینکر ڈاکٹر عامر لیاقت کو نشانہ بنایا گیا تھا۔ حکومت کی جانب سے کہا جارہا ہے کہ وہ میڈیا کے تحفظ کے لئے کوششیں کررہی ہے لیکن اس سلسلے میں کوئی بڑی اور سنجیدہ کوشش سامنے نہیں آرہی، دوسری جانب تحریک طالبان کے بیان میں یہ یاد دلایا جارہا ہے کہ ان معصوم بچوں اور عورتوں کو بھی یاد رکھا جائے جو ڈرون حملوں میں شہید ہوئے، ان کیلئے بھی آنسو بہائے جائیں۔ اے پی این ایس نے بھی اخبارات کے دفاتر اور میڈیا ہائوسز کو سیکورٹی فراہم کرنے کا مطالبہ کیا ہے۔

Taliban issues death threat against two Pakistani TV journalists for condemning the shooting of “Malala”

Islamabad:Taliban leadership have ordered its militants to attack the offices of two top Pakistani TV channels Geo News and ARY and two of its anchormen. The Taliban’s message expressed anger at the TV journalists for their open condemnation of attack on 14 years old Swat girl Malala Yousafzai.Taliban spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan sent two long statements to Pakistani media in last two days in which he criticized me and my colleague in Geo TV Dr.Amir Liaqat Hussain in very strong words and declared us enemies of Islam.Ehsan is the same person who accepted the responsibility of attack on Malala last week in Swat.

According to an official letter sent by the National Crises Management Cell of the Interior Ministry to all the provincial governments on October 15th, North Wazirastan based Taliban leadership have ordered its Tariq Brigade to eliminate Hamid Mir as soon as possible because he is the one who introduced Malala Yousafzai first time on TV in 2009.Taliban are angry with me because i said in my TV show that all those who attacked a 14 years old girl were cowards.I also criticized the government for not taking any action for the protection of Malala.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik annouced one million US $ bounty for the arrest of Ehsanullah Ehsan on October 16th but i am personally not satisfied on this announcement. Ehsanullah Ehsan is sending emails and sms messages,calling on our mobile phones but no intelligence agency have intercepted him so far.Interior Ministry is only writing letters to different provincial governments but not doing anything to arrest the culprits.I demand that government must provide security to all the TV channels and anchors recieving threats from Taliban.

جیو کے پروگرام ”آج کامران خان کے ساتھ “ کے میزبان نے اپنے تجزیے میں کہا ہے کہ بے شک ڈرون اور دہشتگرد حملوں پر تنقید اور احتجاج کرنا بھی ضروری ہے،پاکستانیوں کیلئے آنسو بہانے کے سوا کوئی چارہ نہیں ہے،حکومت کی جانب سے میڈیا کے تحفظ کے لئے کوئی بڑی اور سنجیدہ کوشش سامنے نہیں آرہی۔انہوں نے کہا کہ ملالہ پر حملہ کرنے والوں کے لئے بری خبر ہے،اٹھارہ کروڑ پاکستانیوں کے لئے اچھی خبر ہے کہ ملالہ یوسف زئی زندگی کی جانب رواں دواں ہے۔ ملالہ یوسف زئی اتنی بڑی چوٹ کے باوجود بہت اچھی طرح صحت یاب ہورہی ہیں۔برمنگھم سے ڈاکٹرز کا کہنا ہے کہ جتنی تیزی سے ملالہ ریکورکرنے کی کوشش کررہی ہیں اس وہ بہت متاثر ہوئے ہیں۔ منگل کو ایک اور بیان تحریک طالبان پاکستان کی جانب سے جاری کیا گیا ہے اور اس میں ملالہ یوسف زئی پر حملے کا بھرپور دفاع کیا گیا ہے۔ ایک بار پھر میڈیا کو نشانہ بنایا گیا اور ہمارے ایک ساتھی، سینئر صحافی و کیپیٹل ٹاک کے میزبان حامد میر کو نشانہ بنایا گیا ہے، پیر کو جو بیان آیاتھا اس میں ہمارے ساتھی اور اینکر ڈاکٹر عامر لیاقت کو نشانہ بنایا گیا تھا۔ حکومت کی جانب سے کہا جارہا ہے کہ وہ میڈیا کے تحفظ کے لئے کوششیں کررہی ہے لیکن اس سلسلے میں کوئی بڑی اور سنجیدہ کوشش سامنے نہیں آرہی، دوسری جانب تحریک طالبان کے بیان میں یہ یاد دلایا جارہا ہے کہ ان معصوم بچوں اور عورتوں کو بھی یاد رکھا جائے جو ڈرون حملوں میں شہید ہوئے، ان کیلئے بھی آنسو بہائے جائیں۔ اے پی این ایس نے بھی اخبارات کے دفاتر اور میڈیا ہائوسز کو سیکورٹی فراہم کرنے کا مطالبہ کیا ہے۔

Dr Aamir liaquat Hussain Reply via twitter against death threats on malala issue

I will continue to condemn such barbaric acts whenever I should...Aamir Liaquat Hussain

I want to share the saddest news with all of you that I am not going to the most sacred journey and cannot perform Hajj this year. Please pray that next year I will get the "Bulawa"...this all happened due to irresponsibility of the travel agent. Since I do not believe in "SIFARISH" therefore I did not approach the government high ups to get the visa. But InshaAllah I will do the Hajj Transmission with full vigor and religious fervor

Bushra, Ahmed and Duaa, they all are very disappointed and sad for not going to Hajj. I raised my voice in couple of my programmes and beepers on “Malala Issue” along with martyrs of drone attacks and Lal Masjid. Besides getting the appreciation for raising my voice I also got some serious “Life Threats” from the attackers of Malala.

I would like to inform all of you that nothing can shake my beliefs and I will continue to condemn such barbaric acts whenever I should... We should respect and believe teachings of Islam instead of emphasizing on taking revenge in the name of Islam.

Someone can have differences of opinion with Malala’s views but Islam strictly prohibits killing or attacking someone. The doors of Dialogue and negotiations are always opened, so please enter through the doors of reason rather than attempt to kill someone. We should also objurgate the killings of innocent people on daily basis in Karachi by "Unidentified Beasts". We should not forget this act that thousands Malalas get killed in tribal areas and dozens Malalas get orphan everyday in Karachi

Aamir Liaquat Husain http://www.twitter.com/AamirLiaquat

http://www.aamirliaquat.com

Has anyone noticed a sudden glut of folks posting on Sheffield Forum claiming to be from all parts of the Middle East and Southern Asia. One could be forgiven for thinking it was just locals conducting a PR exercise.[/QUOTE]

My Bold=

PR exercise to achieve what exactly?

Shocking, how unlike them.

Archived