Do you give people you don't know 'mental names?'

In the course of my daily life I'm sometimes part of a large group of people for about 40 minutes.

Some of the people I know, most I don't know and don't need to know.

As I pass them in the building I've come to give some of them 'mental names' purely based on their physical appearance.

Some of the names are:

Psycho

Shreddies

Sporty

Sheep

Yum Bum :roll:

Are you as daft as me? Do you give people you don't know 'mental names?'

Do you give people you do know 'mental names?' :hihi:

Yeah, I do this quite often. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is a guy who drinks in the Rawson Spring, who I always mentally refer to as Sideshow Bob, because he bears an uncanny resemblance to the character - including an amazing/terrifying head of corkscrew curls.

Yeah, I do this quite often. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is a guy who drinks in the Rawson Spring, who I always mentally refer to as Sideshow Bob, because he bears an uncanny resemblance to the character - including an amazing/terrifying head of corkscrew curls.

You wont be saying that next time I am in the Rawson Springs...... I love my mop :hihi:

There was a regular in the Broomhill Tavern in the 70s who my friend referred to as Lord Snooty, as he was a bit distant & rather posh. The name caught on & everyone in the Tav called him Lord Snooty & I don't think half of us ever found out his real name.

Which reminds me. I was working in a library at the time & my mate used to complain that his family members used to rant at him for his idleness, saying : "Who do you think you are, Lord Muck?" So I registered him at the library & made him out a card in the name of Lord Muck, so when he was asked, he could produce the card & say : "Well, yes, quite frankly I am".

One guy labelled someone's posts 'toxic' after that I referred to him as toxic waste, only in pm's though

A girl I worked with at the airport labelled another 'the girl who doesn't wash her hands'

and another 'Scraggy Annie' as she always wore a black bra under a white top

Years back I used to do the Sunday quiz in The Lescar Hotel.

There was always a couple there sat drinking their wine wearing completely smug smiles in the knowledge that they'd win the quiz despite most other teams being four or six strong.

They became known as 'The Smuggies' or 'Mr and Mrs Smug'

Our friend had a completely different name for them :D

I used to work at a company where this rather large girl used to come out of an office and go to the canteen every morning and break. She would leave the canteen shortly after with an assortment of sweets and crisps.

I affectionately gave her the mental name "Pantry Monster":)

We do this all the time on building sites...

So far we have had ....

Lofty (A very short guy)

Q (A guy with a hump on his back ......... guess why)

Richard (he was actually called Jason, but "Dick" seemed more appropriate)

A guy called "Chris" was nicknamed "S**t & P*ss" (Rhyming slang)

Surely everyone does this... or am I just wierd??

We do this all the time on building sites...

So far we have had ....

Lofty (A very short guy)

Q (A guy with a hump on his back ......... guess why)

Richard (he was actually called Jason, but "Dick" seemed more appropriate)

A guy called "Chris" was nicknamed "S**t & P*ss" (Rhyming slang)

Surely everyone does this... or am I just wierd??

If you were wired you would have said weird rather than wierd.........it is one of the i before e except after c exceptions.........ok go ahead and call me a pedant.:hihi:

Archived