Griffin accused of bullying

Where are the gay only bars? Genuine question as I don't know.

I'm not gay, but have been in quite a few "gay bars" without any question or issue, because, after all, they're just bars. Are there ones that don't allow heterosexuals in, and if so, is there a test on the door?

I've been in plenty of "gay bars" and they're usually frequented by loads of heterosexual women. Often because they feel very safe and can enjoy themselves without blokes coming on to them.

I've never known a bar that tries to enforce a gays only policy, or even if is possible, but if there was the owners should be prosecuted for discrimination just like the homophobic hotel owners.

Where are the gay only bars? Genuine question as I don't know.

I'm not gay, but have been in quite a few "gay bars" without any question or issue, because, after all, they're just bars. Are there ones that don't allow heterosexuals in, and if so, is there a test on the door?

There some in Manchester that are gay only clubs, I knew a few round Portsmouth and Plymouth, no they don’t have a test but do stop entry to anyone that is perceived to be straight, but like I said their days are numbered, because of the discrimination laws.

Gay bars, shops and other gay spaces are closing down – why?

There is some disquiet over the closure of gay pubs and bars. Some members of the gay community are trying to save gay bars from closure. They want to preserve a gay-only space where they don’t have to worry about their behaviour offending anyone.

There some in Manchester that are gay only clubs, I knew a few round Portsmouth and Plymouth, no they don’t have a test but do stop entry to anyone that is perceived to be straight, but like I said their days are numbered, because of the discrimination laws.

Gay bars, shops and other gay spaces are closing down – why?

There is some disquiet over the closure of gay pubs and bars. Some members of the gay community are trying to save gay bars from closure. They want to preserve a gay-only space where they don’t have to worry about their behaviour offending anyone.

Its defo not acceptable to disciminate against straight people,any bars that do should be hauled before the courts.

I've been in plenty of "gay bars" and they're usually frequented by loads of heterosexual women. Often because they feel very safe and can enjoy themselves without blokes coming on to them.

I've never known a bar that tries to enforce a gays only policy, or even if is possible, but if there was the owners should be prosecuted for discrimination just like the homophobic hotel owners.

I'm with you on this. Been to a fair few with mates who are gay, and had a great night. Perhaps there are bars as others say that are gay only, but I can't see how you could tell by looking at someone whether they're gay or not, so I remain unconvinced.

Why? What differance does it make, why shouldn't gays have gay only bars, clubs.

There's more gay bars in Sheffield now than there's ever been.

They don't need to enforce an illegal discrimination policy, because just calling themselves a gay bar achieves the result they require.

1. Homophobes don't choose to go in a gay bar.

2. Gay friendly heterosexuals are more than welcome.

The gay bars I've been in have been safe friendly environments.

Why? What differance does it make, why shouldn't gays have gay only bars, clubs.

Because it goes against the all inclusive legislation and its discriminatory.:)if you refuse someone on the grounds of their sexuality you are breaking the law simple as that.

Archived