Griffin accused of bullying

There's more gay bars in Sheffield now than there's ever been.

They don't need to enforce an illegal discrimination policy, because just calling themselves a gay bar achieves the result they require.

1. Homophobes don't choose to go in a gay bar.

2. Gay friendly heterosexuals are more than welcome.

The gay bars I've been in have been safe friendly environments.

I don't disagree with you but neither do I disagree with the gay members of our society that want gay only bars, it’s the one size doesn't fit all.

Because it goes against the all inclusive legislation and its discriminatory.:)if you refuse someone on the grounds of their sexuality you are breaking the law simple as that.

Do gay bars refuse non-gays entry? This thread reminds of BNP member David Copeland who bombed Brixton, Brick Lane and a gay pub in Soho. In the gay pub he only killed heterosexuals.

Because it goes against the all inclusive legislation and its discriminatory.:)if you refuse someone on the grounds of their sexuality you are breaking the law simple as that.

That didn't really answer the question other than pointing out the fact it’s against the law, to me the legislation as gone too far, an earlier example being Muslim only swimming.

Council closes swimming pool for Muslim women-only sessions because it breaches discrimination legislation. I fully understand why Muslim women want to go swimming but their belief prevents them doing this during a normal swimming session. What’s wrong with using public baths at quiet times to provide this service other than it’s against currant legislation.

That didn't really answer the question other than pointing out the fact it’s against the law, to me the legislation as gone too far, an earlier example being Muslim only swimming.

Council closes swimming pool for Muslim women-only sessions because it breaches discrimination legislation. I fully understand why Muslim women want to go swimming but their belief prevents them doing this during a normal swimming session. What’s wrong with using public baths at quiet times to provide this service other than it’s against currant legislation.

they swim at concord park baths in full regalia :huh:

There's no such thing as "Muslim women only" swimming sessions, which would be illegal.

There are women only swimming sessions, which are popular with Muslim women. Personally I find the concept somewhat ropey when it comes to discrimination, but it has been tested in law and is legal.

I suspect you are trying to find double-standards where there are none.

There's no such thing as "Muslim women only" swimming sessions, which would be illegal.

There are women only swimming sessions, which are popular with Muslim women. Personally I find the concept somewhat ropey when it comes to discrimination, but it has been tested in law and is legal.

I suspect you are trying to find double-standards where there are none.

Rotherham baths operated one and here's one that was closed,

Council closes swimming pool for Muslim women-only sessions

A council-run swimming pool has caused controversy after closing the pool to the public while it hosts Muslim women-only sessions.

And women only sessions still exclude men but should be allowed, just like gay bars that exclude non gays should be allowed.

You've just confirmed that there's no such thing as a legally operated "Muslim women only" swimming session.

:huh:

I have never claimed there was a legally operated "Muslim women only" swimming session, I claimed there were Muslim only swimming session that were being closed down because of the loopy legislation.

Obviously there are still ways round the legislation and to look for a way round it there must be a demand.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/160297/Fury-as-council-secretly-hires-pool-to-Muslims-

Swimmers were turned away from the pool when they arrived for their regular Thursday morning session by a sign on the door claiming the training was taking place.

But when the swimmers checked the council’s website to see if the timetable had been updated, they found an advert for the special Muslim ladies sessions at Beverley Road Baths in Hull between 10.30am and 12 noon on Thursdays.

I have never claimed there was a legally operated "Muslim women only" swimming session, I claimed there were Muslim only swimming session that were beoing closed down because of the loopy legislation.

So assuming they existed they're being 'closed down because of loopy legislation', so what's the problem, would you like to see them reinstated?

Archived