Griffin accused of bullying

I can't believe a radical Musim so called cleric, could stand on a street corner spouting his filth about our country and our brave soldiers, yet these B/B owners get took to court for discrimination and fined £3.000 for defending the right to their beliefs...it beggars belief! :roll:

If you want to hold those beliefs, and even though I think they're wrong I don't begrudge the couple the right to hold them, don't run a business where there is a chance you'll invite people you don't like into your home.

If you want to hold those beliefs, and even though I think they're wrong I don't begrudge the couple the right to hold them, don't run a business where there is a chance you'll invite people you don't like into your home.

Can a publican still decide not to serve someone if he doesn't want to..for whatever reason?

I can't believe a radical Musim so called cleric, could stand on a street corner spouting his filth about our country and our brave soldiers, yet these B/B owners get took to court for discrimination and fined £3.000 for defending the right to their beliefs...it beggars belief! :roll:

If I started a thread about Pipkins vs Playschool how many posts would there be before somebody ranted about Islam?:loopy:

Can a publican still decide not to serve someone if he doesn't want to..for whatever reason?

I don't know actually. I guess if someone is drunk they can (should?) refuse someone. Maybe if they think someone is going to be aggressive ? They ban football colours. But banning someone on grounds of sexuality or religion ? Still dodgy ground I guess. They could make it uncomfortable I suppose.

Answers on a postcard.

If you want to hold those beliefs, and even though I think they're wrong I don't begrudge the couple the right to hold them, don't run a business where there is a chance you'll invite people you don't like into your home.[/

I don't think it's wrong to have a certain belief, they obviously thought they had a right to their beliefs and a right to voice them business or not..:)

If you want to hold those beliefs, and even though I think they're wrong I don't begrudge the couple the right to hold them, don't run a business where there is a chance you'll invite people you don't like into your home.[/

I don't think it's wrong to have a certain belief, they obviously thought they had a right to their beliefs and a right to voice them business or not..:)

As soon as you class yourself as a business all rights fly out the window.

Frankly they should have offered the costs of alternative accommodation.

I think they should have made it clear on their website and booking form that only married couples can share a room, I don’t know if they did or didn’t, but if they did I can’t see a problem with what they did, obviously if they didn’t then they should have honoured the agreement or found the couple alternative accommodation.

Archived