Griffin accused of bullying

This couples (the bb's owners) fault was being too honest about their views, they should have said they'd made a mistake and they were full, and recommended another bb where the owners weren't as bothered...:(

Would have saved all this, and wouldn't have cost them a penny...

No, their fault was to go into a business that their views are incompatible with operating within either the law or good business practice.

If you ran a B&B and two known EDL/NF/BNP activists turned up wanting a room to coordinate their (legal) marches from for a few days, would you welcome them in?

Hardly the same, there isn't a law against that.

But would it be ok to discriminate against them because you don't agree with their beliefs and politics?

There isn't a law against it. When you can tell me why there is a law against discrimination based on someone's sexuality but not one against discrimination based on someone's politics, you'll have the reason why it's OK.

If you ran a B&B and two known EDL/NF/BNP activists turned up wanting a room to coordinate their (legal) marches from for a few days, would you welcome them in?

No I wouldn't. I wouldn't rent rooms to Nazis wanting to cause trouble. The difference is that you can't equate the right to your sexuality to a right to advocate fascism. Politics is an area where there is meant to be debate, opposition and rivalry. Sexuality isn't. B&Bs are hardly meant to be coordination centres for political activity anyway.

Something similar happened to a mate of mine who's a solicitor in east London. One day Derek Beackon, the first BNP councillor, turned up in his office wanting legal representation. My mate sent him packing. Beackon didn't sue him or report him for discrimination. Another little anecdote about Beackon is that the same mate met Beackon's sister who told him that her brother Degsie was a bit thick and not all there.

Griffin is now claiming to be prepared to go to prison for this;

"I don’t want to, but the fact is that we are in, now, a totalitarian society where the indigenous majority of Christians and heterosexuals are the oppressed majority and I’m prepared to go to prison to protect their rights," he said.

I liked how he got the word indigenous into an attack on British law.

From http://www.christiantoday.com/article/nick.griffin.says.he.is.prepared.to.go.to.jail.for.christians/30857.htm

There isn't a law against it. When you can tell me why there is a law against discrimination based on someone's sexuality but not one against discrimination based on someone's politics, you'll have the reason why it's OK.

Not true the human rights act forbids discrimination on the grounds of political beliefs.

Archived