Griffin accused of bullying

It is a good example but I think the detractors will say it's an issue of choice to discriminate rather than the discrimination subject itself. This could thread could quite easily dovetail alongside the freedom of speech debate that you've participated so eloquently in.

As a small businessman I do have a teeny tiny bit of sympathy for the couple in question, but on the whole they're idiots.

Mr & mr gay could have booked in, put their pjs on in a Eric-and-ernie style and gone to sleep. Meanwhile in the next room, mr and mrs hetro, free from the kids are getting into some proper depraved action in the next room. Is that ok ?

Anybody daft enough to let joe public into their house has to take anything and everything thrown at them and live with it.

As a small businessman I do have a teeny tiny bit of sympathy for the couple in question, but on the whole they're idiots.
Whilst I respect their right to hold negative views on homosexuality, they lose all credibility in allowing the couple to book in the first place, thereby going to the trouble of paying a deposit and turning up on the appointed date..placed in that position myself I might have staged a sit in!

Mr & mr gay could have booked in, put their pjs on in a Eric-and-ernie style and gone to sleep. Meanwhile in the next room, mr and mrs hetro, free from the kids are getting into some proper depraved action in the next room. Is that ok ?

I thought most Christians did that :hihi:

Anybody daft enough to let joe public into their house has to take anything and everything thrown at them and live with it.

Provided the punters behave lawfully :)

I could have got this wrong but isn't one of the main points about this case the fact that she accepted their booking, took their deposit, and then on the day they arrived, told them her rules?

Would they have gone elsewhere, reported her, booked? Who knows.

The decision states that the owners refused to return the deposit.

I wonder what the outcome would have been if that had been refunded with good grace?

I must have been wearing my wrong glasses.

The Court Decision clearly states that the deposit was refunded when asked for.

Sorry if I misled anyone.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/black-wilkinson-judgment-18102012.pdf

Whilst I respect their right to hold negative views on homosexuality, they lose all credibility in allowing the couple to book in the first place, thereby going to the trouble of paying a deposit and turning up on the appointed date..placed in that position myself I might have staged a sit in!

I thought most Christians did that :hihi:

Provided the punters behave lawfully :)

Pretty much agree with that, although legal or not they still have to deal with the mess afterwards.

Anyway, putting my devils advocate hat on (at a jaunty angle) is it right for holiday parks to ban single sex groups ? Is that sexist ?

I wonder what the outcome would have been if that had been refunded with good grace?

The idiocy knows no bounds. If you want to be a bigot, don't draw attention to yourselves by holding onto deposits !!!! I'll bet they went to a solicitor initially about getting the deposit back and once he/she was told the whole story they decided to go for the throat, so to speak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgksheff

The idiocy knows no bounds. If you want to be a bigot, don't draw attention to yourselves by holding onto deposits !!!! I'll bet they went to a solicitor initially about getting the deposit back and once he/she was told the whole story they decided to go for the throat, so to speak.

Quite rightly! They're idiots. So they're gay - who cares!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Gay rights, however, still seems to lag way behind in public perception and acceptance.

I agree they do lag behind, we still have gay only bars but they shouldn't last much longer because it apparently discriminates against non gays. Obviously gay only bars wouldn’t exist if gay people didn’t want gay only bars, and I can't see why they shouldn’t have them.

I agree they do lag behind, we still have gay only bars but they shouldn't last much longer because it apparently discriminates against non gays. Obviously gay only bars wouldn’t exist if gay people didn’t want gay only bars, and I can't see why they shouldn’t have them.

Where are the gay only bars? Genuine question as I don't know.

I'm not gay, but have been in quite a few "gay bars" without any question or issue, because, after all, they're just bars. Are there ones that don't allow heterosexuals in, and if so, is there a test on the door?

Where are the gay only bars? Genuine question as I don't know.

I'm not gay, but have been in quite a few "gay bars" without any question or issue, because, after all, they're just bars. Are there ones that don't allow heterosexuals in, and if so, is there a test on the door?

lol you sure you not gay;)

Archived