Private dental costs.

I was informed by my dentist on Tuesday that I needed to have a tooth extracted and since there was one missing next to it, it would leave a gap. He advised me to have permanent "screw in? " teeth.

He stated that they were not available on the NHS and would cost £2,000 each!

Is that about the going rate or is he massively on the make?:(

I was informed by my dentist on Tuesday that I needed to have a tooth extracted and since there was one missing next to it, it would leave a gap. He advised me to have permanent "screw in? " teeth.

Think I would be walking around with a gap in my teeth, unless they are front teeth - then you are screwed. (pun intended)

Angel.

I've had to have a lot done - and there's still a lot to be done. All the filings were replaced (because they were amalgam and in Germany, you can't have amalgam!) - plus one or two were nearly 40 years old - 1 extraction, 3 screw-ins, 3 crowns and possibly a bridge. It's going to cost about £10k and if I'm lucky, the insurance will pay about half.

Time to think about false teeth, perhaps.

My son was quoted £900 by our dentist, we looked online and the fees very quite a lot so it’s worth shopping round, it could be as low as £500 in some EU countries, he decided to live with the gap for now.

That's about the going rate. - I need 3 'screw ins' and was quoted 2500 Euros each.

I note your location but if you were British, you can find that if you have work done by dentists in the EU, the NHS will refuse to fix any problems that may occur due to poor care by the foreign dentist.

Archived