Turning Fresh Air and Water into Petrol. I knew it was possible!

At the cost of generating more CO2 than is removed in a power station... At the moment.

They say it is their long term plan to use renewable energy as the source of power and for now it’s much cheaper to use CO2 that is already being produced rather than the expense of removing the CO2 from air.

There’s a Spanish firm that pumps CO2 from a cement factory straight into vats of sea water full of plankton, they end up with oil that can be refined into petrol. They only use solar power and direct sunlight.

Infinitely worthy of further development I would have thought!

For those who are taken in by this non starter the answer is simple. Go out and buy some shares at the outset. If it works you will be billionaires

Here's your chance Pete...put some money into it..who knows... ?

They say it is their long term plan to use renewable energy as the source of power and for now it’s much cheaper to use CO2 that is already being produced rather than the expense of removing the CO2 from air.

There’s a Spanish firm that pumps CO2 from a cement factory straight into vats of sea water full of plankton, they end up with oil that can be refined into petrol. They only use solar power and direct sunlight.

Until something is either off the grid, or the entire grid is supplied by renewables there's no way to only use renewable power.

I'm not saying that there is no merit in this idea, but it's not a foregone conclusion that this is economically the best way to use renewable power.

Until something is either off the grid, or the entire grid is supplied by renewables there's no way to only use renewable power.

I'm not saying that there is no merit in this idea, but it's not a foregone conclusion that this is economically the best way to use renewable power.

I agree it's just another possible solution to our problems that's worthy of further investigation. I imagine any facility they set up will have its own renewable energy system with the national grid as a backup.

Even if they aren't I'm sure they'd take his cash if he asked nicely.. :)

They'd take a donation, but I doubt they'd take a £100 or £500 investment for an equity share.

Maybe if you could offer them £1,000,000 they might start to take notice.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/environment/scientists-turn-fresh-air-into-petrol-is-breakthrough-a-milestone-on-the-road-to-clean-energy-16226456.html

I was on a thread a while ago where I mooted the thought that 'probably' someone somewhere could make a car run with just fresh air. I was soundly derided. Although this isn't quite the same. It's a good as, in my book.

Of course it will be years before it's perfected for mass production, but I wonder if the oil companies will try to bury the idea?

I always said one day Governments would Tax fresh air ,as its the only thing left they dont tax.............. maybe that day is nearer than i thought. :hihi:

Archived