Turning Fresh Air and Water into Petrol. I knew it was possible!

See my edit above...where on the website does it say 1000 tonnes a day?

Purpose/application of the 1,000-tonne-a-day plants

Come on then science/math boffins, how much energy would one get from a 1000 tonne of petrol.

This is what I found 1000 tonne is 1,000,000 litres.

9.68 KWH per litre

9680000 KWH which is 9680MW which is 3 times more power out than went into it, so it must be wrong.

Come on then science/math boffins, how much energy would one get from a 1000 tonne of petrol.

9.68 KWH per litre

9680000 KWH which is 9680MW which is 3 times more power than went into it, so it must be wrong.

No boffin needed..You're comparing apples and oranges..A kilowatt hour is different to a kilowatt..one is energy the other is power..if it took a day ie 24 hours using 3 gigawatt to get your 1000 tonnes then the total energy input is 3 gigawatt * 24 hours = 72 gigawatt hours or about 8 times more than the energy you get out..

You're comparing apples and oranges..A kilowatt hour is different to a kilowatt..one is energy the other is power..if it took a day ie 24 hours using 3 gigawatt to get your 1000 tonnes then the total energy input is 3 gigawatt * 24 hours = 72 gigawatt hours or about 8 times more than the energy you get out..

1000 tonne of petrol is 1,000,000 litres.

9.68 KWH per litre

0.4 KW

400000 KW which is 400MW so as you say not that good.

This plant does take CO2 out of the atmosphere so it would be a bit better if they use waste CO2 is used.

If the first law isn't a fact then why do we not see examples of it being broken everyday... ? Genuine question...

I don't have the answer to that...I never said I did. You're asking the wrong person. Maybe one of the professors doing the reseach?

1000 tonne of petrol is 1,000,000 litres.

9.68 KWH per litre

0.4 KW

400000 KW which is 400MW so as you say not that good.

This plant does take CO2 out of the atmosphere so it would be a bit better if they use waste CO2 is used.

What's you calculation?

9.68 KWH per litre

9680000 KWH which is 9680MW which is 3 times more power out than went into it, so it must be wrong.

1000 tonnes of petrol is about 1,400,000 litres btw. Energy is measured in joules, not watts - power is measured in watts.

A litre of petrol is about 44MJ - so 1000 tonnes is about 61TJ all told.

Supply 3GW for 24 hours, thats 3GJ per second, so 260TJ of energy supplied.

I did the same calculation much earlier in the thread and got the same result.

Of course I do truman.

Closed minds because of basic laws I can't accept though. Those who keep quoting the inescapable first and second laws of thermodynamics, and can't accept that there 'could' be something other than their understanding are stuck in some sort of dogma.

Wrong again. Read up on the scientific method.

Archived