Turning Fresh Air and Water into Petrol. I knew it was possible!

I never claimed to be 'brilliant'...all I said was don't be so closed minded as to dismiss anything that doesn't conform to the currently understood theory.

I never claimed you did but you calling people who spend their life time researching and putting these idea's into practice that then find out it doesn't work and you then call them closed minded ?

Then you prove right what they are telling you is wrong if not you have no right to call them closed minded, how many of these things that you come on here battering on about have you actually researched into and put into practice ???

most of these people who you are talking about have some idea about what they are talking about were as you dont really seem to have any idea or put any real facts into it, all you are doing is saying what you think should happen, but what you think should happen and what does happen are two completely different things.

obelix explained this quite well but i fear it went straight over your head, or because he disagreed with you, then you just are not willing to listen.

And like i said do you actually know anything about what your arguing/debating about ...

I never claimed you did but you calling people who spend their life time researching and putting these idea's into practice that then find out it doesn't work and you then call them closed minded ?

Then you prove right what they are telling you is wrong if not you have no right to call them closed minded, how many of these things that you come on here battering on about have you actually researched into and put into practice ???

most of these people who you are talking about have some idea about what they are talking about were as you dont really seem to have any idea or put any real facts into it, all you are doing is saying what you think should happen, but what you think should happen and what does happen are two completely different things.

obelix explained this quite well but i fear it went straight over your head, or because he disagreed with you, then you just are not willing to listen.

And like i said do you actually know anything about what your arguing/debating about ...

I think PeteMorris quite rightly assumes the scientists and engineers working on this project do know what they are talking about, it’s also a reasonable assumption they know more about it than the forum scientists, he may be wrong but who should he trust to be right, engineers and scientists that have put their name to a project or a forum member.

It’s not really for pete to prove this project will work, all he has said is why dismiss it out of hand when other engineers and scientists think it’s a good idea, I can see now that the energy output from the fuel is well below the energy that went into it, but I still wouldn’t dismiss it as a loony idea.

What people on here have spent their lifetime researching and putting these ideas into practice? The people doing the actual research are the people in the original link. Not the anonymous posters on here, no matter how educated they appear to be.

I wasn't aware it was a requirement to post a thread and have a deep and thorough understanding of the theories presented? I would suggest the most of the threads posted on here, the poster does not have a deep and meaningful understanding of the subject matter. How many political threads are there? Are you suggesting that posters are only qualified to post them, if they are currently serving MP's?

The problem you seem to be missing is this research is actually going on, by people who are far more qualified than me or probably you. It is happening. I have asked the question in other posts....Why?...If it's such a non starter, then why?

As I said above, I wasn't aware it was a requirement to post a thread, that you have intimate knowledge of. The only qualification, as I've said previously as far as I'm aware, is an 'interest' in the subject. (I'll check the forum rules....Nope it says nothing about being qualified in a particular subject to entitle you to post on it! ).

I really don't mind people presenting facts. Those who do have a deeper understanding than myself. What upsets me, is the manner of those posts. It does seem that some people have had their sense of humour removed.

I ask the question yet again. This work is actually happening. It's being carried out by qualified people who clearly do understand the principles involved and it's cost implications. Why are they bothering?

I ask the question yet again. This work is actually happening. It's being carried out by qualified people who clearly do understand the principles involved and it's cost implications. Why are they bothering?

They state the reasons on this website as:

AFS sustainable liquid fuels are are carbon-neutral and do not take up land otherwise potentially used for food or preserving biodiversity. Alternative fuels cannot be left undeveloped until the time comes that fossil fuels become prohibitively expensive due to scarcity. We are developing fuels as commercially viable alternatives now, and most importantly, sustainable fuels for the future of our transport needs.

AFS is developing relationships with renewable technology partners and financiers to scale up its operations and accelerate the pace at which commercial, renewable and sustainable plants are established. This will deliver commercially viable, carbon-neutral and sustainable fuel using renewable energy sources, rather than fossil fuels sooner – with early benefits in energy security, carbon footprint and first-mover advantages for early adopters of the technology.

From http://www.airfuelsynthesis.com/sustainable-transport/sustainable-fuel.html

Do note Pete that it says they are 'developing' not 'producing' fuels as alternatives. They know themselves that what they have isn't the answer to fossil fuel replacement, but are hoping that more investment will push the technology forwards. Their long term plans seem to be no grander than being able to sell fuel to the few industries that are able to afford their expensive alternative to petrol once scarcity makes petrol prohibitively expensive for most.

PS I'd ignore Obelix, if you want decent answers to your questions ask Nagel, he/ she is far better informed and is willing to share the interpretations in a meaningful and respectful way, even to us interested amateurs. Obelix views anyone who doesn't work in his industry as an 'ignorant pig' according to his Post 6 on the thread 'Orwellian Fukushima Spin'. You can't discuss anything on a general forum when people start off with this attitude.

PS I'd ignore Obelix, if you want decent answers to your questions ask Nagel, he/ she is far better informed and is willing to share the interpretations in a meaningful and respectful way, even to us interested amateurs. Obelix views anyone who doesn't work in his industry as an 'ignorant pig' according to his Post 6 on the thread 'Orwellian Fukushima Spin'. You can't discuss anything on a general forum when people start off with this attitude.

I think you might want to read that post again and have another go. That is not what I said in the slightest, as I'm sure you realise and to represent it that way does you a disservice.

They state the reasons on this website as:

From http://www.airfuelsynthesis.com/sustainable-transport/sustainable-fuel.html

Do note Pete that it says they are 'developing' not 'producing' fuels as alternatives. .

You may or may not have noticed throughout the thread I have refered to the people in the original link as 'developing', or 'research'. I'm well aware that it isn't anything more than that.

In regard to Obelix, I've seen him upset others in other threads, just as he has upset me. It's no big deal. I took a look at the threads he's posted (as a matter of interest) this morning, and from the first page, it seems like the most amount of posts he's ever managed to 'provoke' is 28 posts (are people bored?). He seems far more interested in being a know-all in everyone elses threads. Hey ho, like I said it's no big deal. No social graces, like I said ages ago!

You may or may not have noticed throughout the thread I have refered to the people in the original link as 'developing', or 'research'. I'm well aware that it isn't anything more than that.

In regard to Obelix, I've seen him upset others in other threads, just as he has upset me. It's no big deal. I took a look at the threads he's posted (as a matter of interest) this morning, and from the first page, it seems like the most amount of posts he's ever managed to 'provoke' is 28 posts (are people bored?). He seems far more interested in being a know-all in everyone elses threads. Hey ho, like I said it's no big deal. No social graces, like I said ages ago!

It patently is a big deal to you...you're still going with the pseudo-insults.. :roll:

I don't think there is anything pseudo about them at all - Pete seems mightly annoyed that he cannot insult me and not be called on it, so he er, has to insult some more...

Leave him. He'll presumably get tired of it in the end - I really can't be bothered anymore.

I don't think there is anything pseudo about them at all - Pete seems mightly annoyed that he cannot insult me and not be called on it, so he er, has to insult some more...

Leave him. He'll presumably get tired of it in the end - I really can't be bothered anymore.

Now that is clearly untrue otherwise you wouldn't have come back again! :D

Archived