Turning Fresh Air and Water into Petrol. I knew it was possible!

I've heard that Diesel designed it for vegetable oils, and peanut oil specifically, but I couldn't find a good reference, so left it at "oil". He did design it with a sociological aims in mind though, so it's very plausible. Vegetable oils are much easier to come by as an artisan or craftsman, and an engine that ran on these oils would fit with Diesel's hopes.

And yes, peanut oil is a vegetable oil, in case alcoblog had by some miracle caused you to pause for thought.

His original engine is a large cast iron thing in some museum and it was built as a stationary artisian's engine, if my German was anything to go by.

I can only presume that the Germans had sufficient territory in Africa to supply them with cheap peanut oil, or perhaps the French did and they expected sales there? He originally tried to get it working with coal dust as I recall but was was unsuccessful in metering and delivering an accurate amount and the water slurry reduced efficiency somewhat too.

And yes, peanut oil is a vegetable oil, in case alcoblog had by some miracle caused you to pause for thought.

Nope ... a peanut's a legume, not a vegetable. End of. :)

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread so we'll leave it now. :)

Nope ... a peanut's a legume, not a vegetable. End of. :)

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread so we'll leave it now. :)

I guess peas are not considered vegetables then where you are?

Peanuts are vegetables, as are peas, runner beans, etc. as referenced above. If you want to say they are not, it's not sufficient to simply assert that fact.

Its actually quite easy to do (if you know what you're doing)

This is quite a natty little home made device

The simple fact is we don't need fossil fuels anymore.

The oil industry needs fossil fuels to stay rich and in control. It is they that suppress new technologies.

Even better, but more complicated are free energy devices like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTk-2lcHn38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That can run a car, could heat your home, just about anything.

It's shocking really that people are still freezing to death because they are unable to afford to keep warm, the polution caused by FF

I think there'd be far less war as well, but then the arms industry wouldn't be making their millions. Another reason for suppressing new technology.

peas are legumes, are you telling me they aren't vegetables?

Peas are fruit.

The pods contain seeds developed from the ovary of a flower ... fruit!

The mistake you and Obelix are making is that you are using the word 'vegetable' as a generic term for anything plant-like.

A Giant Redwood could, in your terms be described as a vegetable, whereas most people (yourselves excluded) would use the more accurate term of 'Tree', or even more accurately, Sequoiadendron giganteum (In the photo provided, it actually says 'Tree' on it, in case you don't believe me)

So there we have it ... a pea is a 'fruit' and a peanut is a 'legume'.

Here endeth the first lesson, and indeed the conversation. :)

(I'm off into Derbyshire today to take autumnal photographs of the leaves falling off the vegetables) :hihi:

Its actually quite easy to do (if you know what you're doing)

This is quite a natty little home made device

The simple fact is we don't need fossil fuels anymore.

The oil industry needs fossil fuels to stay rich and in control. It is they that suppress new technologies.

Even better, but more complicated are free energy devices like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTk-2lcHn38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That can run a car, could heat your home, just about anything.

It's shocking really that people are still freezing to death because they are unable to afford to keep warm, the polution caused by FF

I think there'd be far less war as well, but then the arms industry wouldn't be making their millions. Another reason for suppressing new technology.

'Free energy devices' simply don't exist. Neither of the links refers to a proven free source of energy.

Archived