Atheists under attack

He might need a knot tying.

Like! :thumbsup:

When I was in the cubs we spent a lot of our time booting footballs at the picture of the Queen on the wall of the scout hut. That bit of the pledge must have passed us by...

When I was in the cubs we spent a lot of our time booting footballs at the picture of the Queen on the wall of the scout hut. That bit of the pledge must have passed us by...

When i was a child of eleven i didn't think about God.George Pratt must be a very studious child to have reached those atheist certainties at such a young age.

When i was a child of eleven i didn't think about God.George Pratt must be a very studious child to have reached those atheist certainties at such a young age.

When I was 11 I knew that I didn't want to go to Sunday school because the whole idea seemed a bit crazy.

I couldn't have said that I was an atheist, as I didn't know the word, but that's basically what I was.

I bet you had a chairman Mao picture on your wall that you kissed before you went to bed though. :hihi:

When I was 11 I'd grown up going to Christian assemblies at a variety of schools, gone to Sunday school and already concluded that none of what Christianity claimed made sense. I would have identified as an atheist if asked, but it was just accepted that every child would attend Christian events. Around that time I realised that there were several people, me included, who didn't close their eyes and bow their heads during prayers.

When I was 11 I'd grown up going to Christian assemblies at a variety of schools, gone to Sunday school and already concluded that none of what Christianity claimed made sense. I would have identified as an atheist if asked, but it was just accepted that every child would attend Christian events. Around that time I realised that there were several people, me included, who didn't close their eyes and bow their heads during prayers.

Pretty much the same goes for me. I didn't know back then what an atheist was, but I was (and still am) one.

When I was 11 I knew that I didn't want to go to Sunday school because the whole idea seemed a bit crazy.

I couldn't have said that I was an atheist, as I didn't know the word, but that's basically what I was.

I doubt whether many children would want to go to Sunday school at that age,let alone attend church,and as teenagers even less so, and so it shouldn't be forced on them.

On the other hand much as we don't want to have lessons forced on us,in later life benifits can be gained from all knowledge.

I hated reading Shakespeare at school but in adult life came to appreciate it.If i had never heard any reference to God i wouldn't understood much of what is written in the great classics.

It never makes sense to a child though.

I doubt whether many children would want to go to Sunday school at that age,let alone attend church,and as teenagers even less so, and so it shouldn't be forced on them.

On the other hand much as we don't want to have lessons forced on us,in later life benifits can be gained from all knowledge.

There's a difference from being forced to learn knowledge (and shakespeare is boring I agree) and being forced to learn a myth and told that it's the truth.

I hated reading Shakespeare at school but in adult life came to appreciate it.If i had never heard any reference to God i wouldn't understood much of what is written in the great classics.

Being taught about religion is useful, being taught to believe it is not.

Archived