Atheists under attack

Why is it that some posters attack entire systems of belief (and I include atheism and agnosticism in that as they both inform a philosophical position in relation to life and the universe) rather than honing in on just the obstinate, judgemental and extreme opinions that seek to discriminate.

What exactly are the "systems of belief" and philosophical positions of agnosticism and atheism?

An agnostic atheist is someone who;

1)accepts or believes that the truth or facts about God/s existence cannot be known

Wouldn't they need to know something about the nature of God to conclude that nothing can be known about the existence of God?

Without the definition of God it wouldn’t be possible to know that nothing can’t be know about God.

Wouldn't they need to know something about the nature of God to conclude that nothing can be known about the existence of God?

Without the definition of God it wouldn’t be possible to know that nothing can’t be know about God.

People can believe that nothing can be known. No evidence is required to believe in something.

You can also conclude that, because there is no evidence FOR a God, and that believers contest that God will not/does not need to prove himself, the truth can not be known.

In fact, because there is nothing known about God for definite, that in itself is enough to conclude that nothing can be known about God!

They could be ignostic agnostic atheists.

I don't think the word ignostic adds any meaning tbh, but I know some of you are fond of it.

The position of an ignostic dictates they can't be any of the others, all the other terms assume too much about the concept of God and without a coherent definition of God the whole concept of God is meaningless and makes any discussion on its existence meaningless.

They could be ignostic agnostic atheists.

I don't think the word ignostic adds any meaning tbh, but I know some of you are fond of it.

I'm more fond of the word "apatheist", it describes all anyone needs to know about my position(s) on theism.

People can believe that nothing can be known. No evidence is required to believe in something.

You can also conclude that, because there is no evidence FOR a God, and that believers contest that God will not/does not need to prove himself, the truth can not be known.

In fact, because there is nothing known about God for definite, that in itself is enough to conclude that nothing can be known about God!

Nothing is known about the existence of alien life but one can’t conclude from that, that nothing can be known about alien life. If you don't know what God is, its a big leap to conclude that nothing can be known about it.

Archived