Atheists under attack

I have always held the opinion that NO religion should be taught in schools , non what so ever . Children should not be force fed religion in school . I would ban all mention of religion in schools .

Perhaps either all or none (I would prefer none) because I can't see an argument for favouring one over another when presenting to open young minds.

Perhaps either all or none (I would prefer none) because I can't see an argument for favouring one over another when presenting to open young minds.

I`d ban it all, ban EVERY religion from being taught in school . There is no reason what so ever for any religion to be taught in schools.

I`d ban it all, ban EVERY religion from being taught in school . There is no reason what so ever for religion to be taught in schools.

Teaching religion is tantamount to abuse.

Our children are abused by having these out of date fairy stories drilled into them at school.

What makes it worse is that up till a certain age its compulsory and you cant take your kids out of religious education:loopy:

Teaching religion is tantamount to abuse.

Our children are abused by having these out of date fairy stories drilled into them at school.

What makes it worse is that up till a certain age its compulsory and you cant take your kids out of religious education:loopy:

Being taught about religions is a very important part of one's education.

Whether you believe or not is another matter, but when dealing with a world where a majority do subscribe to one faith or another, you would be poorly served by ignorance.

You will find it is only a minority of faith schools that will be anything like "drilling" or indoctrinating.

Whether you believe or not is another matter, but when dealing with a world where a majority do subscribe to one faith or another, you would be poorly served by ignorance.

You will find it is only a minority of faith schools that will be anything like "drilling" or indoctrinating.

No it isnt at all.

If i want to read fairy stories then ill read about the ones that live at the bottom of the garden.

I dont want my kids to be told they are born with sin. Its vile and untrue.

Now if the big fella was to come down to earth and show himself then id be the first one on my knees.

As ignorant as the people who give their lives to a make believe character no one has ever seen or heard or ever likely to see of hear?

Its funny how non believers are often called ignorant when they ask for proof of "gods" existence.

Sort of makes me :hihi:

Archived