Sheffield Rugby Union Fan's

37elton

I am a Sheffield born'n'bred season ticket holder of Leicester Tigers. It's what you do when your own home town has no professional sporting activity worth paying money to watch!

That said. I am not ignorant to the fact any sport needs a top, middle and bottom to it's competitive structure. So with Leicester Tigers not playing until Sunday this weekend. I wonder if anyone can enlighten me what is more worth watching - Sheffield Tigers or Sheffield RUFC? As I see it Sheff.Tigers play a higher level but Sheffield have better facilities for the spectator.

I am aware both have home games this Saturday.

Well to throw another club into the mix why not come down and watch Hallamshire RUFC play their first second team fixture down at Tapton School, just off Manchester Road and Darwin Lane, S10. I can't say that the standard will be as good as at the Tigers or Abbeydale but it will be good grass roots rugby and you will also be supporting Sheffield's newest rugby club formed just 7 months ago.

KO is at 14:30

p.s. Abbeydale have kindly lent us a spare kit as our second kit hadn't arrived so a big thank you to them. :thumbsup:

Hallamshire RUFC

I am a Sheffield born'n'bred season ticket holder of Leicester Tigers. It's what you do when your own home town has no professional sporting activity worth paying money to watch!

That said. I am not ignorant to the fact any sport needs a top, middle and bottom to it's competitive structure. So with Leicester Tigers not playing until Sunday this weekend. I wonder if anyone can enlighten me what is more worth watching - Sheffield Tigers or Sheffield RUFC? As I see it Sheff.Tigers play a higher level but Sheffield have better facilities for the spectator.

I am aware both have home games this Saturday.

Depends whether you would like a beer with braying hoorays down at Abbeydale or a knowledgeble set of rugby playing fans at Dore Moor?

Archived