George Osbourne has to pay to upgrade ticket (according to Virgin Trains)

I once had to content with the Whale of Hull, aka Prescott sprawling all over my reserved seat on a train up from London.

Did I complain and seek to make political points from it? Of course not. I sat elsewhere, and got on with my work. It never ceases to amaze me how the Left love to smear and make points like this and then say "Well it's the Nasty Party" isn't it - as if that makes it alright somehow? I know which of the mainstream parties is more mature about these things - you never saw anyone crowing over John Smiths death unlike the incessant crowing over Thatcher's health issues.

As for Cherie - what short memories people have,.

I once had to content with the Whale of Hull, aka Prescott sprawling all over my reserved seat on a train up from London.

Did I complain and seek to make political points from it? Of course not. I sat elsewhere, and got on with my work. It never ceases to amaze me how the Left love to smear and make points like this and then say "Well it's the Nasty Party" isn't it - as if that makes it alright somehow? I know which of the mainstream parties is more mature about these things - you never saw anyone crowing over John Smiths death unlike the incessant crowing over Thatcher's health issues.

You just have! :hihi:

Funny thing is that Cabinet Ministers, and a lot of other public sector managers, get First Class Travel on Warrants anyway.

If an employee "earns" over £40 an hour, its worth paying the extra for 1st class on a two hour each way trip so they can work on the train

So someone's laughing at Osborne's expense and you've thrown a strop and wet your knickers, Aww boo hoo!

Get used to it.

The Independent have a great headline: "The Great Train Snobbery". :hihi:

Archived