George Osbourne has to pay to upgrade ticket (according to Virgin Trains)

and.... That's what assistants are for.

You dont have a dog and bark yourself. You would be amazed the sort of things that "assistants" "aides" "PAs" deal with. It doesn't matter who paid. His upgrade tickets were paid. Nothing wrong. Nothing illegal. Nothing to report.

Me, you, anyone could do it.

Re my bold.

Yup...you're a Tory through and through, we get it! Are you Andrew Mitchell in disguise perchance?

Because people like you kicked up a fuss when MPs booked first class tickets, so now they don't.

But as he went to the trouble of booking a ticket in the first place, if he had no intention of sitting with the plebs in second class, why didn't he book first class originally???

I suspect the truth is, is that he's got away with it before (as has been suggested in The Guardian comments on this article) but this time he hadn't reckoned on a ticket inspector with the moral fibre to stick-up to this Tory bully.

But as he went to the trouble of booking a ticket in the first place, if he had no intention of sitting with the plebs in second class, why didn't he book first class originally???

I suspect the truth is, is that he's got away with it before (as has been suggested in The Guardian comments on this article) but this time he hadn't reckoned on a ticket inspector with the moral fibre to stick-up to this Tory bully.

If you READ you will see that he had a reservation for a different train and the standard was all booked up and full.

He therefore paid for an upgrade to first so he could get a seat.

For the last bleedin time, WE CAN ALL DO THE SAME.

Harsh words - Tory bully. If there are people like you in standard class prepare to use these words, I would also be wary of sitting there especially when faced with one of the most difficult tasks ever after Labour took this country to the edge of bankruptcy.

I would imagine the rules are now like this - any MP must book standard class. Should the train be full, then they can sit in first class on the basis that they then pay the upgrade.

The Guardian, being a Labour paper, is not the best source for stating Osbourne has 'tried this before'. I would imagine hundreds of MPs do this every day - Labour, Tory or Lib Dem. The fact is someone has made a fuss over one of the most prolific MPs.

If you READ you will see that he had a reservation for a different train and the standard was all booked up and full.

He therefore paid for an upgrade to first so he could get a seat.

For the last bleedin time, WE CAN ALL DO THE SAME.

They won't understand you.

This is why this country is doomed.

The Guardian, being a Labour paper, is not the best source for stating Osbourne has 'tried this before'. I would imagine hundreds of MPs do this every day - Labour, Tory or Lib Dem. The fact is someone has made a fuss over one of the most prolific MPs.

No they're too busy renting their "paid for" flats out..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/9619333/Expenses-scandal-Labour-MP-made-thousands-letting-flat-to-fellow-member.html

Archived