George Osbourne has to pay to upgrade ticket (according to Virgin Trains)

Don't presume you know anything about me. I'm NOT a labour voter and if it's all the same to you I'll tell it as I see it.

I never said you were a Labour voter.

Tell it as you see it - so you saw Andrew Mitchell speak to the policeman?

The story above is all about a Labour MP fiddling the system. Much more serious than a Tory MP paying for an upgrade on a train, and actually doing nothing wrong.

If you READ you will see that he had a reservation for a different train and the standard was all booked up and full.

He therefore paid for an upgrade to first so he could get a seat.

For the last bleedin time, WE CAN ALL DO THE SAME.

But his aide according to the witness who did the tweeting, originally refused to pay for the upgrade! To be honest I find it extremely odd that he wasn't as 'Chancellor' ahem, travelling in first class in the first case. It seems ludicrous to me that somebody so senior WOULD be travelling in second class. Few would bat any eyelid I suspect, if they were told the 'Chancellor' travelled first class. The point is, it seems, he wanted to pay second class for a first class ticket!

What has having an assistant got to do with Andrew Mitchell :loopy:

Yes I am a tory..... and? What's that got to do with you. What's that got to do with any of my opinions.

You dont have a dog and bark yourself is a perfectly simple phrase to get into you thick head. You have an assistant, aides or whatever - its their job to sort things out. He is being criticised by morons for the fact that "his assistant" sorted things and paid the upgrade ticket. WELL? of course they did. They are his assistant. That's what they are there for. That's what they are paid for.

I have two one for my legal stuff and one for my admin stuff, the latter dealing with everything for me from diary managing, travel bookings, hotel bookings, expenses, banking, social bookings and when I am away somewhere even sorts out some of my domestic things. That's her job. That is what she is paid for. Its not rocket science how having a job works is it?

Is it such a difficult concept for you to understand? Please do take that big brain of yours and explain how me being a tory has anything to do with this issue? Its a concept that anyone who has staff in any field, level, capacity, political orientation or circumstances understands.

Somehow you take issue with this and more bizarrely feel that my being a tory supporter is a consequnece.

Handbags at 6 o'clock Squadron Leader!

They are assistants NOT dogs Tory boy! :gag:

But his aide according to the witness who did the tweeting, originally refused to pay for the upgrade! To be honest I find it extremely odd that he wasn't as 'Chancellor' ahem, travelling in first class in the first case. It seems ludicrous to me that somebody so senior WOULD be travelling in second class. Few would bat any eyelid I suspect, if they were told the 'Chancellor' travelled first class. The point is, it seems, he wanted to pay second class for a first class ticket!

Well considering the tweeting Ms Townsend wasn't even in the same carriage she has absolutely no idea what was said to who. She is just gossiping to get more twitter exposure and boost her crappy local tv news career. Hardly a credible witness.

As for your final point. Why do you think this? THE UPGRADE WAS PAID FOR. All train companies allow you to board and pay for an upgrade fee. You pay for this upgrade on board at the relevant time. You dont have to pre-book it. You dont have to buy it from a ticket office.

Well considering the tweeting Ms Townsend wasn't even in the same carriage she has absolutely no idea what was said to who. She is just gossiping to get more twitter exposure and boost her crappy local tv news career. Hardly a credible witness.

As for your final point. Why do you think this? THE UPGRADE WAS PAID FOR. All train companies allow you to board and pay for an upgrade fee. You pay for this upgrade on board at the relevant time. You dont have to pre-book it. You dont have to buy it from a ticket office.

But he apparently did not want to pay for the upgrade!!!

The aide who spoke to the train guard is quoted as saying the Chancellor, "couldn't possibly sit in standard class."

The quote comes from today's Daily Telegraph...a well known bastion of left wing thinking.

First "Plebgate" now "Traingate."

And of course your good self with "Doggate."

Archived