George Osbourne has to pay to upgrade ticket (according to Virgin Trains)

What has having an assistant got to do with Andrew Mitchell :loopy:

Yes I am a tory..... and? What's that got to do with you. What's that got to do with any of my opinions.

So you don't believe being a tory has anything to do with your opinions? Perhaps you have assistants who normally do your thinking for you? Ater all, why have a dog and bark yourself!

Does anywhere report whether the aide and the met officer paid for upgrades too?

BBC

"The initial reports suggested the upgrade fee was £160, but Virgin Trains have since confirmed the actual figure was £189.50 and covered the cost of an upgrade for the chancellor and an assistant."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20008342

I have to admit it seems like a storm in a teacup really..

Harsh words - Tory bully. If there are people like you in standard class prepare to use these words, I would also be wary of sitting there especially when faced with one of the most difficult tasks ever after Labour took this country to the edge of bankruptcy.

I would imagine the rules are now like this - any MP must book standard class. Should the train be full, then they can sit in first class on the basis that they then pay the upgrade.

The Guardian, being a Labour paper, is not the best source for stating Osbourne has 'tried this before'. I would imagine hundreds of MPs do this every day - Labour, Tory or Lib Dem. The fact is someone has made a fuss over one of the most prolific MPs.

Re my bold.

Nothing at all to do with greedy ******** in the banking industry then!

BBC

"The initial reports suggested the upgrade fee was £160, but Virgin Trains have since confirmed the actual figure was £189.50 and covered the cost of an upgrade for the chancellor and an assistant."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20008342

I have to admit it seems like a storm in a teacup really..

It depends. If Osborne (or his aides) really did try for a free upgrade on the basis of who he is then it doesn't make him any better that Mitchell, who by some delicious irony was in the process of resigning at the very moment that Osborne was (allegedly) trying to use his own sense of entitlement and privilege to avoid paying the same as everybody else.

It depends. If Osborne (or his aides) really did try for a free upgrade on the basis of who he is then it doesn't make him any better that Mitchell, who by some delicious irony was in the process of resigning at the very moment that Osborne was (allegedly) trying to use his own sense of entitlement and privilege to avoid paying the same as everybody else.

He has probably taken heed of an expression used by his heroine the Milk

Snatcher, 'every little bit helps' - afterall he's only worth £4 million!:rolleyes:

Archived