Another tory bites the dust!

Arrested for what offence? Calling someone a pleb, if indeed that's what was said is hardly a public order offence.

According to the official police log Mitchell said "Best you learn your ****ing place. You don't run this ****ing government ... You're ****ing plebs" and threatened to get one officer sacked. So it was a public order offence. He was threatened with arrest and given a warning. Use the eff word three times to a copper and see what happens.

According to the official police log Mitchell said "Best you learn your ****ing place. You don't run this ****ing government ... You're ****ing plebs" and threatened to get one officer sacked. So it was a public order offence. He was threatened with arrest and given a warning. Use the eff word three times to a copper and see what happens.

I am amazed that someone in such high office cannot express his opinions without swearing.

And?

I've had coppers swear at me before now. Can I demand they resign please? After all they should know better....

You know you can't demand they resign. It doesn't work like that. Who do you think you are? Andrew Mitchell?

What is worrying is the police colluding to undermine the government of the day, there should be an investigation into who leaked the police notes especially given the context of the Leveson Enquiry. Are the police on Downing Street not meant to show some discretion, that would be the mark of a copper acting in a professional manner.

It's not the police. It's the police federation. You're right it is worrying but do you think they're doing it for the fun of it? They're doing it because they're under attack from the government.

As for the police exercising discretion at Downing Street, you're not saying they should turn a blind eye to people commiting offences are you?

You might want to read this first.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15816761

It's not the police. It's the police federation. You're right it is worrying but do you think they're doing it for the fun of it? They're doing it because they're under attack from the government.

As for the police exercising discretion at Downing Street, you're not saying they should turn a blind eye to people commiting offences are you?

I know they're not doing it for the fun of it, they used the incident for political gain. The police were playing a political game, something they should be well out of.

My bold - that's isn't what I suggested so please don't make things up. Of course they were right to warn Mitchell, that's what would happen anywhere else. However if I swore at a copper and was given a warning to stop, I doubt the copper would have much interest in squealing to the press about it and handing over copies of their note books.

Archived