Genuine interest: Why can't iphone owners..

Nope, more people have android devices than iPhones.

IIRC, Globally Android is around 54% of the market, iOS is around 23% and the rest is Blackberry/WindowPhone/Proprietory OS in terms of mobile phone OS.

It annoys me, cause it's just a phone. I am currently using an old Sony Walkman phone, it's a slide-y one, and quite crap but it rings and texts - sorted! Cannot stand all the new phones, all the 'apps' etc as my ex fella says 'gerra life, you dont need to walk with facebook in your pocket!'

its a bit pose-y dont you think, like the person I used to work with who always called her car "the Jag"!!

I'm guilty of this though. My car isn't 'the car', it's 'mondy'. Or, up until recently we had 'the x reg' and 'the new en' - as in, our MK2 X reg Mondeo, and our newer MK4 Mondeo. Now I'm single again, and have neither of these cars, I have a MK3 Mondeo and this is 'my mondy moo'. I love Mondeos, they are by far the best cars I've ever come across and I like to ''show off'' about it... Quite sad really isn't it? :hihi:

I don't have one and when I did I called it a phone, however I don't understand the problem. It is an iPhone so why wouldn't you call it that? Her car was a Jaguar so why not call it that?

Have you ever heard anyone else calling their car by its make, as in "I went to the shops in my Fiat/Nissan/Ford"???

Have you ever heard anyone else calling their car by its make, as in "I went to the shops in my Fiat/Nissan/Ford"???

The item is an iPhone, the brand is Apple, no-one says "I'll ring you on the Apple" so not really a good comparison....and yes people do say "I'm off to the shops in the Fiesta", especially if they have more than one car, saying car doesn't really identify which one.

And if this really causes so much distress for people, there are far more important things in life to get annoyed about.

I miss my Nokia 3330, with "wap" facility....

I have a blackberry at the monent on contract, my old phone broke and this contract works out 2 pound more then what I was paying in top ups, with the same amount of mins and texts I payed on PAYG

I woulf say the old nokia snake game is better than any app on these new phones

I have a blackberry at the monent on contract, my old phone broke and this contract works out 2 pound more then what I was paying in top ups, with the same amount of mins and texts I payed on PAYG

I woulf say the old nokia snake game is better than any app on these new phones

I bought a blackberry, and had it for three months, but really could not get on with it, I'm not 100% sure why. I preferred the touchscreen on my HTC. So, as it hardly had any use, and was in A-1 condition, I sold it on to someone who DID like blackberries.

I have an HTC Wildfire-S at the moment and quite like the touchscreen.

I've just renewed my 12 month contract with Voda and get 600 mins, unlimited texts, and 500 meg of data (with 750 meg of Wifi) for £10.25 a month.

Dont most people now have an iPhone , same as an iPad, Nothing to brag about there, It's not like they were just invented. :huh:

Sorry but I don't have either, nor would I buy either, I have a nice mobile that suits my purpose. The son has an iPhone & all I hear is iPhone this and that, tbh they do absolutely NOTHING for me.

It's down to personal preference & Apple do what they do best, marketing & people are sucked in by it, nothing wrong in that.

..just call it just a phone ?

I've seen/heard it a number of times, it's always my iphone this, my iphone that. There's even a thread recently on here "Stolen Iphone by taxi-driver"

Why is it that they feel this compeling need to identify it immediately as an iphone as though the ghost of Steve Jobs will come and suck their soul out and damn them to hell if they call it just a phone?

Not once have I seen/heard any other person with another phone model ever do this, excluding threads/discussions about different phones.

My phone is just that a phone. I don't go around saying "well my Samsung Galaxy this & that". If I were unfortunate to have it stolen I wouldn't post a thread "Samsung Galaxy stolen by *insert public service individual*, I'd say "Phone stolen by *insert public service individual*

I'm not taking the preverbial, it's a genuine question.

P.S Currently 'training' my friends to call it just a phone. Everytime they call it iphone without someone asking them what specific phone it is, £1 in a "douchebag" jar.

Bet it's a right riot being your friend, laughs had by all I guess.

I don't think it's premeditated, and there will be plenty of people that to refer to their Iphones as just phone, if I'm honest I have never given it a second thought or even noticed.

Bet it's a right riot being your friend, laughs had by all I guess.

It's taken in good spirit, which is how it's meant and we've decided at the end of the year it's going to charity.

Maybe my friends and I are closer that you are with your mates? We have a laugh and the mick is taken considerably by us all.

Archived