Reading group....girls wanna start one??

roisin94

I agree - nothing too formal but we should def arrange something!

How about we just agree a time and place to meet then discuss what we want to do from there / what we want out of it?

Guess we need to make sure we're all on the same wavelength / are expecting the same things from this......??!

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine who lives in Rotherham talked about starting one of these in the New year but she's still to get it off the ground.

I am way too old for the groups mentioned so far (Very ageist!) so Fox it seems you me and my mate are on our own in the mid thirties group. I wouldn't give a toss how old people are or their sex but that they wanted to read something decent.

My friend over in Stoke belongs to a successful one that meets bi-monthly. They take it in turn to host and it's a good excuse for a few drinks.

My place is too small to host but I'd be happy to chip in for refreshments elsewhere (the pub perhaps?)

Nothing ever got arranged as people couldn't agree whether to have a restricted age group or not (I would rather have it as an open to all thing to be honest).

If we are going to get it going, maybe have the first "meeting" as an informal gathering at a quietish pub to sort out details etc - I'd be quite wary of having a group of strangers in my (small and disgusting!!) flat!

I'd really like to get this going - once I've finished reading Middlemarch that is (Could be any time this year - it's soooooo long :( )

EDIT: Sorry this is Sheff_Minx - forgot to log out again :roll:

Archived