MPs and Public Services - a question??

Better to give them DLA ammount I receive, and ask them to "live on that." Sorry - "exist on that" was the correct term.

Angel.

Why give them such a high amount. Better to give them under 25 rate for JSA, or the equivalent of hardship payments/refugee credit.

Yes, without a doubt. I believe it already happens in some countries.

More than that I think all MPs should do an ordinary job for 2 months of the year, spend at least a week living with an ordinary family at the other end of the social scale, publish a verified CV before election so we know who we're voting for, live in and join in with the community they represent, use public transport and public services.

If the only problem to this is security, I'm sure a way round it could be found. It only seems to stop them when it suits them. And let's face it, apart from a handful of MPs in the media, how many back bench MPs could you put a name or a face to?

Yes, without a doubt. I believe it already happens in some countries.

More than that I think all MPs should do an ordinary job for 2 months of the year, spend at least a week living with an ordinary family at the other end of the social scale, publish a verified CV before election so we know who we're voting for, live in and join in with the community they represent, use public transport and public services.

If the only problem to this is security, I'm sure a way round it could be found. It only seems to stop them when it suits them. And let's face it, apart from a handful of MPs in the media, how many back bench MPs could you put a name or a face to?

Got to agree with you on a lot of that:clap:

Better to give them DLA ammount I receive, and ask them to "live on that." Sorry - "exist on that" was the correct term.

Angel.

Why give them such a high amount. Better to give them under 25 rate for JSA, or the equivalent of hardship payments/refugee credit.

Why would you give working people (MPs) the same pay as none working people?

Archived