Does not being able to drive mean due to mental health

Trust the bold is a joke.

Angel.

Not a joke at all. The invasion of privacy which would be necessary to discuss whether something constituted a 'mental incapacity' would serve any purpose at all in the outcome of the civil claim, and could in fact impair any sort of goodwill which would aid the case to its closure.

Not a joke at all. The invasion of privacy which would be necessary to discuss whether something constituted a 'mental incapacity' would serve any purpose at all in the outcome of the civil claim, and could in fact impair any sort of goodwill which would aid the case to its closure.

As we would be discussing a forum name only, and not an individuall by name, I suspect you may be quite wrong.

Angel.

As we would be discussing a forum name only, and not an individuall by name, I suspect you may be quite wrong.

Angel.

I actually suspect Medusa may be absolutely and totally correct in what she says... (not that she is often wrong, anyway - I think I can count on the fingers of one THUMB how many times she's been wrong.)

Even someone with a user name like "JKB-1199" could be identified as "Joe Bloggs of Haymarket Street" by way of the most innocent of revelations.

Why would it be an invasion of privacy if the individual was discussing their own case?

It's very likely to be an invasion of privacy to discuss someone else's possible mental health problem or 'mental incapacity' with the whole internet and that applies even if you are discussing them in a forum username or nickname. If anybody other than the person involved can identify the person being discussed then that is enough for an invasion of privacy to be an issue.

On top of that, as I said, if someone was taking you to court for something and was discussing confidential issues like your health problems (which one has a reasonable expectation to be private) on an open forum then the chances are that you aren't going to be very happy about it and would then do everything you could to drag your heels and be generally uncooperative about the case.

Archived