Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

• 1 month later...

I am also an unfortunate who is having to deal with PAS property services. They have my money yet are not completing the desired paperwork that I need and have paid for for completion of the sale of my property. I have emailed and left numerous phone messages as has my solicitor. I was wondering if anyone knows who they are registered under as a property management service and what their registration number is? 

On 04/02/2021 at 02:28, SteelCitylass said:

I am also an unfortunate who is having to deal with PAS property services. They have my money yet are not completing the desired paperwork that I need and have paid for for completion of the sale of my property. I have emailed and left numerous phone messages as has my solicitor. I was wondering if anyone knows who they are registered under as a property management service and what their registration number is? 

I was wondering if you could apply to the Magistrates Court for getting the documents signed ?

14 hours ago, topflat29 said:

I was wondering if you could apply to the Magistrates Court for getting the documents signed ?

No. But if the purchase is proceeding under statutory powers [Leasehold Reform Act1967 or similar],  it is possible to seek a County Court Order authorising a CC Judge to execute the Transfer on behalf of the defaulting landlord. The purchase price is thereupon paid into court funds.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Wow - I have just managed to talk to someone (Robert) at Coppen Estates on the phone as I have just received my annual ground rent invoice.

There is an admin charge on there for non-payment of last year's ground rent.  I didn't pay because I didn't get an invoice, but apparently it is my responsibility to tell them that I haven't got it!

I also asked about the arrears charges that are there from non-payment of the insurance charge.   I have sent the required notice in every year, but apparently I have completed it incorrectly.   I asked what was wrong with them, but they won't tell me because they are not required by law to tell me!

Two years ago when I did manage to talk to someone about this, I was told they don't look at them until a sale is going through and then if they are in order they will take it off the invoice.     Clearly they have changed their plan to fleeces as much money out of people as possible.

What an awful company they are!

On 13/02/2021 at 10:49, geared said:

I hope you told them to stick their admin charge and arrears charges?

I am going to compose a letter to them tomorrow and pay this year's charges only.    When I sent them a cheque 2 years ago, I told them that it was full and final payment for the account to date and they should only bank the cheque if they accepted that.    I was only paying the due ground rent even though they had put about £300 or arrears for the insurance on, and they did in fact bank the cheque - so as far I am concerned that has cleared all the arrears.   I will not pay the arrears from then as I have no idea how they have arrived at the new figure.    I will pay last year's ground rent and this year's but no further arrears.  I think I might also pay the £12 admin for missing last year's rent even though I consider it unfair.

Having checked the lease, I can see that to be fair I should be paying the ground rent without an invoice, but this invoice does include the ground rent due in September so they shouldn't be asking for that yet.   I think in future I will send them a cheque just before the due date every 6 months rather than the double payment every year just to give them a bit extra work!   The ground rent is only £15 pre annum, so I reckon two cheques of £7.50 will cost them more in admin than its worth!