Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

Don't start any work until you've got all the paperwork sorted.

why? unless its a huge development but for basics such as knocking a wall out or small extension or changing interior configuration, they cant unreasonably refuse and why would they? obviously you need planning for some stuff first and building control cert once done.

why? unless its a huge development but for basics such as knocking a wall out or small extension or changing interior configuration, they cant unreasonably refuse and why would they? obviously you need planning for some stuff first and building control cert once done.

I'm planning on doing a loft conversion, with hip to gable and knocking through dining room wall to create dining kitchen. So I don't think I will need planning permission, just as long as everything complies with building regs and I get a surveyor etc regarding an RSJ for the supporting wall.

I'm just concerned as I've had my fingers burnt before, through no fault of my own, on a Leasehold property where some work was carried out previous to me purchasing and it didn't have the freeholders permission. It caused me no end of problems when I came to sell it as the freehold management company were total ar5eholes. (it was only a boarded out loft and velux window)

If I can just get consent for the work I'd be relatively happy, but from previous experience I would just really like to buy the freehold and get it out of the way!

why? unless its a huge development but for basics such as knocking a wall out or small extension or changing interior configuration, they cant unreasonably refuse and why would they?

I'd not recommend starting work unless and until the leaseholder has:

a. freeholder reversioner's consent; or

b. completed purchase of the freehold reversion.

Rushing ahead can be a very costly error if it constitutes a breach of the leasehold's covenants. What will you tell your (eventual) purchaser, for a start?

I'd not recommend starting work unless and until the leaseholder has:

a. freeholder reversioner's consent; or

b. completed purchase of the freehold reversion.

Rushing ahead can be a very costly error if it constitutes a breach of the leasehold's covenants. What will you tell your (eventual) purchaser, for a start?

i requested the consent by letter and received the consent by return on the condition that i send the building regs cert copy when available and work finished.

Thanks for the replies so far, I will pass the information on.

I think the problem is with Coppen Estates and the fact that they won't respond to any correspondence. Hence, trying to find out if any Solicitors out there have any luck with this Company!!

Thanks again.

They own my lease too - they never respond.

Let me know if you have any luck-

• 4 weeks later...