Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

Jeffrey, my apologies for being a bit facetious.  I know you do some sterling work in this area and of course hit the nail on the head re the costs of enforcement. 

I did raise it with my MP once and their response was very much "you're on the right side of the law so ignore them". They failed to see the bigger issue of the anxiety caused and a local company (in my opinion) operating on the bounds of acceptability (I'm trying not be be libellous here).    

Can someone help!! We bought a house back in 2012 and was told by the solicitors if we was to have the insurance to which was advised to use then we wouldn't have to pay anything but was told after 2 years its fine to swap. Now we did that we are getting charged a fee of 45 pounds every year. What can we do about this please ??? 

Thanks 

Edited by Nadeem02

it seems that it can only be 'validly served' within 14 days of taking out cover?

i also just noticed that they only charge me 5£ every six months as opposed to 30£ p.a. is it worth notifying them of this so that when it comes to sell (i want to sell within 6 months) i wont have problems or just leave it?

also where do they get their fee structure from ? i.e 45£ for annual insurance charge. This is not an amount written on the lease?