Pension release

Everybody with a private pension is entitled to withdraw 25 per cent of it on retirement as a tax-free, lump sum. The rest then gets paid in regular instalments. With a pension release scheme you can access that sum early. You don't have to take the whole lot that's on offer – you can take a portion of it and leave the rest in or you can even take some of the allowance now and some more of it at a future date, as long as the two sums together don't total more than a quarter of your nest egg.

From here: Pension release.

• 3 months later...

its illegal to release money from a pension b4 aged 55 unless ill health

there are sharks transfering pensions into made up schemes

and if you do get any money out its an unauthorised payment nd the tax charges renfers it worthless

dont do it

55+ its ok 25% can be drawn as a tax free lump sum

thanx for the advice guy. But i have actually sort legal advice from a reputable financial adviser who helped explain the pros n cons of taking pension release he talked me through it step by step, this was done because it isnt the only pension i have, im so pleased i did it now i have a brand new wow factor kitchen and bathroom to show for the money. each to their own. im so pleased with the adviced i got from a very reputable company.

Archived