Do you smoke?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes - More than 5 per day
    • Yes - but 5 or less a day
    • Yes, but only on nights out
    • No, since New Year
    • No, but have smoked regularly in the past and have stopped
    • Not unless the tobacco is mixed with something.......
    • No.

Tried smoking twice. First time I was about 8 when me and a friend found one of her mum's cigs. The second time was at college, had one drag and had a cold for a week!

Hate the smell of smoke on clothes and hair but for some reason I love the smell of unlit cigarettes :confused:

Tried smoking twice. First time I was about 8 when me and a friend found one of her mum's cigs. The second time was at college, had one drag and had a cold for a week!

Hate the smell of smoke on clothes and hair but for some reason I love the smell of unlit cigarettes :confused:

I used to walk past a tobacconists shop in Doncaster and I loved the smell. But burning tobacco is another thing :gag:

Smoking is an odd habit when you think about it, inhaling the fumes of burning tobacco leaves. Strange that it has endured so long really, when it has been proved to be so harmful.

I starts smoking at 15 when I left school. My parents smoked, my friends smoked, my husband and his parents smoked. I stopped when I was almost 50, and haven't had a cig in 20 years.. I'm pleased to say not one member of our family smokes these days. Apart from the related health issues, we'd be struggling to afford to smoke in retirement. I enjoy having more money to spend on other things.

Ive never smoked, probably due to the fact that my parents did when I was little. I can actually remember being in the car with them both smoking. Horrible.

My Mum stopped around 5 years ago after being diagnosed with COPD.

You definitely dont see as many smokers as you used to, attitudes and habits have changed an awful lot in the 10 years since this thread was started.

I started with cigarettes and after about 9 years I got a cough so I switched to cigars and that cured the cough. After about another 9 years I again got a cough so I switched to a pipe and that cured the cough. After about another 12 years I again started to cough so I packed up altogether and that cured the cough.

Been stopped 2 and a half years now.

Found it easy to stop,but hard to stay stopped.

Even now,when I am in the pub with mates that smoke,I could take the cig off them and start again.

It's only for the sake of my kids/health that I dont

I'm in my early 60s, and have never smoked.

My brother, who is 70 used to smoke, but gave up in his late 30s when our dad contracted lung cancer and died. He's never smoked since, but still misses it and thinks about the taste every day.