Do you smoke?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes - More than 5 per day
    • Yes - but 5 or less a day
    • Yes, but only on nights out
    • No, since New Year
    • No, but have smoked regularly in the past and have stopped
    • Not unless the tobacco is mixed with something.......
    • No.

20 a day. I actually like smoking. I'm not fussed if people think I smell or have green teeth. I haven't, but that is the consensus among non smokers. I remember smoking in the queens road club as a youth, watching the turn and having a few pints with some pork pie one of the old girls used to bring in smoking was part of the fabric of society, and yet none of the non smokers used to complain back then.

My Dad was a big fine bloke he stood 6feet five and was a real hard case spent most of his life in the black watch regiment,he went through the war and was in the d day campaign,he was a serious smoker when I look back I think he was what you would call a chain smoker,he came to me one day saying he had pains in his shoulders and back,I gave his back a rub and said go and see the doctor,the doc sent him to the hospital where they did an xray and found a massive big dark patch on his lung...this was in november by christmas he had gone down a lot and lost a lot of weight by march he was this little grey haired old man stooped over shuffling along and on morphine he lasted until the beginning of may and past away,,he was 70 when he went and I recon smoking took 20 years of his life,what a waste he did try hard a few times to give up but never could he said the army used give them fags in the ration packs...