Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

If any investigation results in Thatcher rightfully finishing up in prison for subverting the course of justice, it will go some way towards restoring my faith in our legal system. She obviously was directly responsible for everything that happened at Orgreave.

Your obsession with the woman is quite taxing, we get it, you dont like her, she will die, so will all of us. She is not going to prison not now not ever, she did nothing illegal.

Grow up.

Here's something to make your day, AWOL.

The rule of law in this country is based upon hundreds of years of custom and practice, of laws that have been tried and tested. it is still not perfect. It is however, my dear "Swami" , the best and fairest legal system in the world. I trust you are benefiting from it during your stay.

The law is based thus,but the rule of law means that all action, including state intervention,must have a legal basis.Sorry to be pedantic but I know you don't like inaccuracy

I think it's very brave of you to come on a public forum and make a complete and utter idiot of yourself.

Your logic is so badly flawed, along with your barbed taunt of who and what you think I am.

The law is the law and it applies to ALL!

Spot on!Do you supply Kleenex at such times for the affronted party?

Spot on!Do you supply Kleenex at such times for the affronted party?

It would appear that the affronted party has disappeared into the wild blue yonder with his tail between his legs. Maybe he's realised that his mind is far too small to be let out on it's own.

The strike was not started by Scargill. He had balloted three times for a national strike and each had a majority against.

It was started by rank and file miners at Cortonwood when they were told their recently refurbished pit was being closed. They then went on strike in March and spread it. In April the unofficial strikers turned up at the Sheffield HQ and an executive meeting voted to make it official. Scargill didn't even have to use his Presidential vote. The BBC, telling the truth on this occasion stated in its bulletin that day "union tells striking miners we'll support you, but there will be no ballot"

As the majority of pits had already had their own votes and voted with their feet the idea of telling them all to go back to work and wait for the ballot papers seemed ridiculous.

So no, Scargill didn't call the strike, the men did. They had previously ignored the national call to do so but now realised Scargill was right after all and hadn't been scaremongering as the hopelessly biased press said.

Nor was it called at the height of summer, it started on 5 March before becoming official in April. There had been an overtime ban since late the previous year to reduce stocks.

The supposedly 'left wing' BBC did re edit the footage. Scargill subpoenaed the police video footage of Orgreave at the trial and used it against them to prove the correct version of events.

Well said :):)

It would appear that the affronted party has disappeared into the wild blue yonder with his tail between his legs. Maybe he's realised that his mind is far too small to be let out on it's own.

He is a bit like a used tissue in as much he will get blown away and then reappear quite by surprise,having consulted the Alan Titchmarsh Compendium of Wit.

He is a bit like a used tissue in as much he will get blown away and then reappear quite by surprise,having consulted the Alan Titchmarsh Compendium of Wit.

Sorry to have to leave you on your own children, but duty called. Now where we, oh yes, I think one of you was wishing ex politicians dead, I couldnt quite get what the Swami was into but no doubt he/she/it will remind me.

Who is Xenia?

Sorry to have to leave you on your own children, but duty called. Now where we, oh yes, I think one of you was wishing ex politicians dead, I couldnt quite get what the Swami was into but no doubt he/she/it will remind me.

Who is Xenia?

Would you care to elaborate on your post 111 please?

When you referred to my stay what did you mean exactly?

It may also help me to understand you better if you could explain why you think the police and governments should be exempt from upholding the law.

Archived