Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

The Hillsborough enquiry has made several key findings,and has indirectly led to a possible revision of the orchestration of events of the miners' strike.You have no right to curtail this action,and where does greed enter the picture?It is just possible we will end up with a police force which is accountable to the public and not one which operates in a corrupt fashion in times of pressure,especially political pressures.

Spot on, the police in cahoots with politicians is NOT healthy, as we have seen, and this is just as relevant now in 2012 as it was in the 1980's. Charges have to be answered, no matter how long ago the events happened.

If any investigation results in Thatcher rightfully finishing up in prison for subverting the course of justice, it will go some way towards restoring my faith in our legal system. She obviously was directly responsible for everything that happened at Orgreave.

Too true mate, but she wil dodge justice due to old age and insanity. The old bag never was a full shilling. She would be judged unfit to stand trial. When the Torys sacked her she was as barmy as a box of frogs...........

I hope to outlive the evil old witch, with a bit of luck I will.......

The protests were stamped down at a fairly modest level. The Police would have been justified in being far more direct - in my book ;)

Luckily, your book doesn't run this country. You would have had all the protesting miners and their supporters hanged on the spot, right? I haven't been here long but you seem like a horrible fascist or at the very least, a poorly thought out trolling attempt.

The protests were stamped down at a fairly modest level. The Police would have been justified in being far more direct - in my book ;)

Why don't you keep your mouth shut and let people merely suspect that you are a buffoon , rather than opening it and removing all doubt.:cool:

Archived