Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

I am proud to have lived through times when the people of Yorkshire had a backbone.

Maggie's Torys conned the workers into turning their backs on the Unions. It became 'uncool' to be a union member.

The day the miners were defeated we ALL lost out. Just look at the bloody shambles we are in today. Flooded with foreign workers, to keep unemployment UP and wage levels down.

The forum Tory two bob millionaires still havent seen the light...............and probably never will.

Tory policy NEEDS high unemployment, it NEEDS 10 men fighting for one job. The Torys reduce our standard of living then tell us its our own fault.........and the plebs believe it all. :loopy:

I think we should have a full juidical enquiry into the Peterloo massacre. Henry Hunt is the true voice of the people and if those Corn Laws get brought in there will be trouble.

As for that Prince Regent, say no more!

I dont think they(CLs) were fully repealed.I have never heard of Henry Hunt,but perhaps he works for News International.A judicial review of St Peters Square atrocity would be hampered as many of those involved may be retired.

Luckily, your book doesn't run this country. You would have had all the protesting miners and their supporters hanged on the spot, right? I haven't been here long but you seem like a horrible fascist or at the very least, a poorly thought out trolling attempt.

What gives you that idea:huh:

robcalder says we have, "the best and fairest legal system in the world."

Would he now join me in calling for a full and independent enquiry into why not one single police officer has been prosecuted, or even investigated, after charges of riot brought against striking miners were thrown out of court.

Lets put the best and fairest to the test rob, what's to be scared of?

What gives you that idea:huh:

He's probably read Conrod's stuff. Conrod has been around a long time. A bit like the poor, or prostitution. Some say he was previously known as 'B*******t'. I couldn't possibly comment.

He's well known for advocating extremely violent responses to most things. Problem in society? - Kill someone. That kind of thing; particularly partial to hanging ( Sadomasochistic tendencies? Surely not - I wouldn't take too much heed of that kind of gossip), but has been known to recommend shooting people he doesn't approve of too.

Most of the time these days he stays on the right side ( it's a thin line guys ) of downright trollery and though he's doubtless too shy to say so, rather enjoys the pantomime villain status he has attained in latter years.

He's even invited me out for a beer on more than one occasion, bless him.

Archived