Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

Quite right, and no matter how hard you try you won't get it back in.

:wink:

I would never try to, but if you actually read the evidence it is unlikely in the extreme that any charges could ever be brought. If they are then the prosecuting authorities would be seen to be reacting to mob clamour. It may take even more years but eventually no one will be punished. There is not sufficient evidence.

At the end of the day the match was badly stewarded and Policed, but the people who entered the ground after kick off through Leppins Lane are equally culpable.

I understand that the original statements are still in existence, the editing was merely to simplify for the courts use.

I 'moonlighted' as a security guard at Orgreave during the strike. There WERE police with numbers blacked out AND with military style baggage seen inside ORCOT down Orgreave Lane. I used to walk along the top of the coal heap on the Treeton side and kick loads of coal to slide down the hill so the lads could get it. The railway wagons had been emptied, Ha Ha !!! [we guards NEVER saw who did it, honest !!]

The Met mob were animals..................

I would never try to, but if you actually read the evidence it is unlikely in the extreme that any charges could ever be brought. If they are then the prosecuting authorities would be seen to be reacting to mob clamour. It may take even more years but eventually no one will be punished. There is not sufficient evidence.

At the end of the day the match was badly stewarded and Policed, but the people who entered the ground after kick off through Leppins Lane are equally culpable.

I understand that the original statements are still in existence, the editing was merely to simplify for the courts use.

Yes Rob, I have read the evidence, in great detail as a matter of fact, and, strangely enough I have not come across any that substantiates the bit in bold. I would be most grateful if you could bring light to my darkness and link to the evidence that proves this.

If you are able to provide your evidence then please also do a quick check into how it could be or has been discredited before you post it as they will help move things along a little and prevent me from having to repeat myself as I have done many times in the Hillsborough docs thread. Which, incidentally, is where this discussion should be taking place so as to keep things clear, free from obfuscation and any attempts to derail either thread.

The facts are that the Notts miners were fed massive bonuses and told that their pits were safe. This was done to split the union (divide and rule).

The Notts miners (not the brightest stars in the galaxy) believed what the liars told them and formed a breakaway union. When they had served their purpose their pits were closed anyhow (according to plan).

Moral of the story?..........Never trust a tory.:)

Yes but there is one forum member here who disregards all these facts.

Archived