Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

Going back to the policing in question rather than bitching about politics, what about the claims that the miners were getting more and more violent with their actions against the scabs?

Would this have been an incentive for the police to step up a level and prepare for the worst?

Lots of police said afterwards said that policing the strikers had given them enough in overtime pay to pay off their mortgages or upgrade their cars,holidays etc., so in a way i can imagine that some of them were disappointed when the miners returned to work.

All i can say that mineworker friends of mine will go to their graves with a dislike and distrust of the police,and i'm talking about normal level headed chaps.

The atmosphere of that day was truly electric - you could almost taste it. It felt as if both sides were ready for battle and there was no chance either side could or would back down and that they "had" to go through with it regardless.

It was certainly the most memorable birthday I've had.

My take on it would be a deluded arriviste whose grandiose self-perception is inversely proportional to their socio-economic status and yet still believes that if they align themselves to a political philosophy, that history has proven to be elitist and clannish, they will somehow, one day, be allowed into the country club.

Why couldn't I say that ??? Spot on mate.:)

My take on it would be a deluded arriviste whose grandiose self-perception is inversely proportional to their socio-economic status and yet still believes that if they align themselves to a political philosophy, that history has proven to be elitist and clannish, they will somehow, one day, be allowed into the country club.

Thick but rich people are fooled into voting Tory?Footballers and some builders spring to mind.

Or perhaps Conservative voters just like the idea of people being expected to work for a living rather than sponge off the state, for criminals to be punished rather than molly-coddled, and for anybody who works hard and does well in life to be congratulated - rather than being the target of bitter envy and calls for punitive taxes from those less energetic or gifted.

Or perhaps Conservative voters just like the idea of people being expected to work for a living rather than sponge off the state, for criminals to be punished rather than molly-coddled, and for anybody who works hard and does well in life to be congratulated - rather than being the target of bitter envy and calls for punitive taxes from those less energetic or gifted.

You certainly are gifted..............:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You should be on X Factor.......sweeping up afterwards:loopy:

Archived