Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

You must love Cameron too then,he has the same opinion of the "lower classes" as Thatcher had before she lost it.

I dont mind Cameron, he is a bit too middle of the road, but I suppose he has to be with the Liberals hanging on his coat tails.

Hopefully, at the next election, the Tories will get a proper majority and they can really let rip. Until then we will have to put up with Dave walking a bit of a tightrope.

None the less, employment higher than its ever been, 25% of the debt that Labour left them with repaid. Well done Dave and George.

It wouldn't have cost a penny if they hadn't been liars in the first place,these weren't little fibs....these were lies that ruined lives.

I'm trying to work out how lives were ruined. All charges to the arrested miners were dropped and they won an out of court settlement.

How many of the officers back then are serving now? If its 10% I'll be staggered. Hopefully the hillsborough clean up will raise standards but I see little to be gained here.

You don't think that encouraging the police to tell the truth by holding them to account when they lie is a good thing?

Not always, the truth is a subjective thing, just because a senior Police Officer tells junior officers to amend statements to make them admissable as evidence is not telling lies. Removing irrelevance and hearsay assists the process of justice.

You do wonder whether Labour would have made such a fuss about a man being rude to the police if that man had been, for example, John Prescott.

Different kettle o' fish.

Prescott would have landed a southpaw on the bobby's chin and still kept his job as Deputy Prime Minister.

Haven't you learned? It's 'different' when it's one of Labour's own being a bit naughty....,

It doesn't matter if you are pro Thatcher, or pro NUM this new evidence proves beyond all doubt so shortly after Hillsborough papers came out, that SYP are nothing but liars & surely no trust can be put in them ever.

Once again statements were altered to try to get people falsely imprisoned, thankfully that failed; as at the time it was said that the evidence from the police was flawed.

They want people to appoint a crime commissioner is it, well this force truly are beyond the pale. How can people put trust in a force that has now been proven twice to falsify evidence.

It doesn't matter if you are pro Thatcher, or pro NUM this new evidence proves beyond all doubt so shortly after Hillsborough papers came out, that SYP are nothing but liars & surely no trust can be put in them ever.

Once again statements were altered to try to get people falsely imprisoned, thankfully that failed; as at the time it was said that the evidence from the police was flawed.

They want people to appoint a crime commissioner is it, well this force truly are beyond the pale. How can people put trust in a force that has now been proven twice to falsify evidence.

Its not the eighties, its 2012. :loopy:

There's no excuse for Hillsborough but when it comes to Orgreave, so what?! the unions were way out of line in the eighties, and a strong government and police sorted them out.

Archived