Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

Its not the eighties, its 2012. :loopy:

There's no excuse for Hillsborough but when it comes to Orgreave, so what?! the unions were way out of line in the eighties, and a strong government and police sorted them out.

Typical answer from a tory boy/girl people were prepared to commit perjury to get people imprisoned, and yes I know what the bloody year is.

You can't have one rule for one & for the other, both are cases of corrupting the evidence, but you are just so narrow minded, oh have a nice happy life :loopy::loopy:

Typical answer from a tory boy/girl people were prepared to commit perjury to get people imprisoned, and yes I know what the bloody year is.

You can't have one rule for one & for the other, both are cases of corrupting the evidence, but you are just so narrow minded, oh have a nice happy life :loopy::loopy:

But aren't the police liars members of UNISON?

If the sense of immunity to the law that governed the police at Orgreave had been dealt with at the time - we may not have had the scale of the tragedy at Hillsborough. Investigate and prosecute where appropriate. We don't want to see South Yorkshire police preside over any more terrible incidents.

I thought it was the miners and Arthur that was trying to destroy and bring down the government.

Well that's quite all right you see, as long as you're not trying to undermine a Labour government.

Democracy? Wot's that? :huh:

No use asking self declared El Presidento for life Arthur Scargill.

Of course Thatcher went after the miners, she was part of the Heath cabinet that had to meet by candlelight on Friday, 18th of February 1972. Mrs. Thatcher doesn't forgive and she doesn't forget.

But "Coco" Scargill played straight into her hands, calling a strike at the height of summer with coal stocks at record highs (no coincidence methinks).

He thought he could repeat history, instead he was consigned to history.

Oh dear here we go again.

I hope the enquiry will look into the acivities of the flying pickets, the intimidation of people who did not agree with the strike, the relationship between the NUM and the KGB, Gaddaffi, The Angry Brigade and other terrorists.

It may also want to take a look at how Scargill and his cronies managed to pillage the NUM to the extent that even in 2012 he has the audacity to seek payment for his Westminster flat.

I think you will find MI5 etc. will have conducted exhaustive enquiries but will suppress their publication due to their role as agents provocateurs.

It wouldn't have cost a penny if they hadn't been liars in the first place,these weren't little fibs....these were lies that ruined lives.

I assume the miners union will actually confess to the lies they spread, and all the poor shoddy working practices they hid from the public.

Archived