Miners' strike policing: MP calls for Orgreave inquiry

I assume the miners union will actually confess to the lies they spread, and all the poor shoddy working practices they hid from the public.

I think you will find that successive owners of the mines have disguised the poor conditions underground.Can I please point out respectfully(seeing as you are a moderator)that the union is mineworkers,not miners as you claim.lets get the facts straight shall we?Thats something the police seem to struggle with.

See link to story, it now emerges that officers were told what to write, to make it more convincing. Looks like being more proof that the bitch Thatcher, deliberately set out to destroy the miners & Arthur

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19982118

I think this was only ever going to be a matter of time. I'm surprised it has taken so long to emerge in the press (or am I?) I'm sure this will open the floodgates to lots of private requests to.

Now the question is 'who' orchestrated this and was it this that set a precedent for the Hillsborough cover up, or, had it been going on for years before that and is it perhaps not only SYP but other forces? How long had we had the farce for that a 'neighbouring force' investigates gross police misconduct by another?

Has this all been timed so we say, 'oh deary, we need a shake up of the system so the police are more accountable,....I know let's make sure we're fully behind the new police commissioners'. :rolleyes:

I believe the police commissioner elections should now be put on hold, until these enquiries have been proven to leave no stone unturned and have gone all the way to the top. If politicians are behind this in any way, shape, or form, and Patnick's involvement is already raises many questions, regarding the Hillsborough disaster, then there is no way we should allowing parties to front candidates for police commissioners up and down the country.

I understand the news media edited the footage such that the miners appeared to throw missiles which provoked the police onslaught.If you watch the film,when the police charge there is no debris on the ground,suggesting nothing had been thrown at that stage.

Strange that it has taken so long for ‘this’ to be mentioned by the ‘wronged’ police or investigated and reported by the BBC.

And what great timing this is. Could this be a smoke screen by the BBC to divert public attention elsewhere, while their own dirt is being dredged up into the public domain?

I think you will find that successive owners of the mines have disguised the poor conditions underground.Can I please point out respectfully(seeing as you are a moderator)that the union is mineworkers,not miners as you claim.lets get the facts straight shall we?Thats something the police seem to struggle with.

Makes no difference to me what the last word is,

And i'm not talking about working conditions, i'm talking about Union "sanctioned" fiddling, Union sanctioned skiving and poor working practices that made the pits non cost effective.

I don't think spending millions on an enquiry to reveal facts we already know is conducive in the present economy.

What would we gain by it?

And lets face it, the unions were bankrupting this country in the seventies and eighties.

Couple of corrections.

What brought this country into bankruptcy was bankers lending money they didn't have to people who couldn't afford to pay it back. Currently the bankers have huge wodges of money they are refusing to lend - or as you might call it - on strike.

Police Unison branches are for civilian workers.

People like Starbucks and Amazon and all the other companies that avoid tax - how much worse it is that they bankrupt the country like that.

Let's stop calling them offshore accounts and call them corrupt accounts.

Makes no difference to me what the last word is,

And i'm not talking about working conditions, i'm talking about Union "sanctioned" fiddling, Union sanctioned skiving and poor working practices that made the pits non cost effective.

You seem very knowledgeable-surely you could have disclosed these to the appropriate authorities.A failure to disclose would surely be perverting the course of justice?

Archived