Does Bob Crowe deserve a council house?

I looked at the footage and he was in the Hyde Park flats with a view of the Town Hall.At the time of screening the Falklands factor had not kicked in.

I haven't seen it since it was originally aired,but I do remember it struck a chord with me even though I was about 12.

If I was the council I'd rather have a tenant that maintains the house well, doesn't damage it and treats it with respect, than a bum on the dole who doesn't care about where he lives cause it's not his house.

Bob has lived there for years, he respects the house and I assume he maintains it well, which is more than can be said for many council house tenets.

As he said in the clip, if all the council did was stick poor people in council houses, council estates would turn into ghettos.

It's simple really. He's not elegible for a council house at the moment - but that fact is irrelevant.

The only thing that is relevant is his elegibility at the time he applied and was accepted. Everything after that is just chaff and hot air. There are better things to get concerned about.

Archived