Does Bob Crowe deserve a council house?

Two minutes is two too many to some people:hihi:.At least old Bob can spell and capitalise proper nouns.

Thank you for pointing out my typos. I have corrected them. Just a little annoyed by this bloke. He brought the Olympics to ransom when he threatend strike action as he wanted bus drivers to get paid more during the Olympics. They were hardly doing much more work were they. The busses still carry the same number of people.

Council houses with secure tenancies should be available to all, currently there are not enough, we should build more. LOTS MORE!

what do you think about the right to buy?

seems at odds to me, and I think council houses should only be for rent

Thank you for pointing out my typos. I have corrected them. Just a little annoyed by this bloke. He brought the Olympics to ransom when he threatend strike action as he wanted bus drivers to get paid more during the Olympics. They were hardly doing much more work were they. The busses still carry the same number of people.

I think you are mixing metaphors now(held to ransom OR brought to a standstill?)Incidentally he works for the tube train drivers not buses.You need to get at least some of your facts right before criticising people,or it can be somewhat counterproductive.

Before we knock Crowe, what about the "rule" that one in ten Council houses must be let to "outsiders" ie not from the local area. A Government directive I believe.

Angel.:huh:

I've never come across that ruling. Sheffield council currently allows anyone who is eligible to register and bid for housing, they don't have to live here. However, anyone applying because they are homeless usually needs to prove a local connection to the city or town they wish to be housed in. Its all on the Shelter website http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/help_from_the_council/local_connection

Perhaps you could provide a link to the directive that specifies one in ten properties must go to outsiders?

I've never come across that ruling. Sheffield council currently allows anyone who is eligible to register and bid for housing, they don't have to live here. However, anyone applying because they are homeless usually needs to prove a local connection to the city or town they wish to be housed in. Its all on the Shelter website http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/help_from_the_council/local_connection

Perhaps you could provide a link to the directive that specifies one in ten properties must go to outsiders?

It must be one of those Daily Mail rules.

Archived