Nonna's Pizza place- Ecclesall Road- any reviews?

lil-minx92

I've paid €5 in Bologna for the biggest nicest pizza i've ever had - but we're not in Italy - so the argument is a bit redundant.

Italian Express in Walkley is about £7 for a margarita and about £8 for one with toppings and I think well worth the money - the Nonna's prices dont seem to be far off if its a very large pizza - plus they've got Ecclesall rd overhead to pay.

Off on a slight tangent - has anyone tried this place at Millhouses?

Been open a few months now but not heard anything about it.

http://www.hungryhoundpizza.co.uk/index

They do an 18 " pizza too...

Hmmm an interesting find Mr Goooooogle! Not heard of this place either. Anyone?

Little off topic but yes I have, it was very good! Homemade pizza bases as well I think as they were all different shapes. Not the cheapest takeaway pizza but worth the extra couple of quid.

The Cremorne on London Road does a lovely thin base pizza, they make everything from scratch on site, and with the loyalty card you can scarf a lot of really quality free pizza ;o)

Now I'm a bit biased as a big ale fan, particularly the Saltaire brewery they have been stocking a lot of lately!

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm an interesting find Mr Goooooogle! Not heard of this place either. Anyone?

Finally got around to trying this place last night and was not overwhelmed.

Positive was light fluffy dough and decent tomato sauce.

But very similar to Dominos frankly and just too thick a base for us...they looked nothing like the pizzas in the picture on their website which was a shame.

http://www.hungryhoundpizza.co.uk/assets/img/banner/hound01.jpg

Back to Italian express for us....

Have any of you tried the pizza at the Psalter pub? It's buy one get one free every day. The base is really thin, good quality ingriedients and I think it's about £7-£10 but as its BOGOF its really not expensive.

Archived