How to stop neighbours using my bin!!

I'm not one to rant usually, and I often think to my self "Oh, shut up moaning whinging person" when ever I read rant threads..

However, on this occasion, it's something that is really starting to bug me...

in LESS THAN A WEEK after collection, my neighbour fills up their bin, and also mine, meaning there's no room for me to put my rubbish..

I have talked to them, asked them not to, but they hurl abuse at me, and continue to do so.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want rubbish all over the floor, and I have nothing against them using my 'extra' space the night before, or the morning of collection day, I would much rather that, than there be messy streets...

But alas, Collection isn't until Friday, and my bins full... I have a bin in the house that I fill during the week then take it out on a Thursday, as i'm on my own I don't waste that much (usually no more than 2/3 of my wheeley bin, and that's after I have had visitors a couple of times during the week, and because we don't have blue bins or boxes)

So, are there any suggestions on how to stop this?

I have thought about just taking it out, and putting it next to their bin, or even on their doorstep, but that would aggravate them, and they are the violent type! :(

HELP, I'm stuck with Rubbish, and no where to put it! :(

I'm not one to rant usually, and I often think to my self "Oh, shut up moaning whinging person" when ever I read rant threads..

However, on this occasion, it's something that is really starting to bug me...

in LESS THAN A WEEK after collection, my neighbour fills up their bin, and also mine, meaning there's no room for me to put my rubbish..

I have talked to them, asked them not to, but they hurl abuse at me, and continue to do so.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want rubbish all over the floor, and I have nothing against them using my 'extra' space the night before, or the morning of collection day, I would much rather that, than there be messy streets...

But alas, Collection isn't until Friday, and my bins full... I have a bin in the house that I fill during the week then take it out on a Thursday, as i'm on my own I don't waste that much (usually no more than 2/3 of my wheeley bin, and that's after I have had visitors a couple of times during the week, and because we don't have blue bins or boxes)

So, are there any suggestions on how to stop this?

I have thought about just taking it out, and putting it next to their bin, or even on their doorstep, but that would aggravate them, and they are the violent type! :(

HELP, I'm stuck with Rubbish, and no where to put it! :(

Next time they put rubbish in your bin, take it out and throw it all over there drive/garden. You have tried asking nicely, and got abuse. If it was me that would be enough. Also if they are the violent type, make sure you stand your ground or they will walk all over you, they might get the message then.

/\ If he's scared of the man then thats just gunna make it worse.

Put your bin somewhere out of their reach? Have you got a garage or shed you can put it in?

Fair enough, but if hes showing the man he is scared of him.

He is going to carry on filling his bin.

Stand up to him,Tell him straight to his face.

Stop putting your rubbish in my bin, if you do it again its going all over your garden. Politely of course.

...Collection isn't until Friday, and my bins full... I have a bin in the house that I fill during the week then take it out on a Thursday, as i'm on my own I don't waste that much (usually no more than 2/3 of my wheeley bin, and that's after I have had visitors a couple of times during the week, and because we don't have blue bins or boxes)

Why not put your rubbish in the bin on Friday as soon as it's been emptied? :huh:

Most of these responses are a little bit passive aggressive aren't they.

How about tell him to stop it again, and when he hurls abuse at you, call the police and have him arrested for a public order offence... Or maybe that's still passive aggressive.. Hmm, awkward.

Of the PA responses, I like the bin lock as the least confrontational, and placing his rubbish back on his property and then using the bin yourself as the most :D

I do put my rubbish in the bin on the Friday as soon as it's been emptied, because that's the only time it's actually empty, you can garuntee by that sunday, they have filled it again...

and no, I don't have a garage, or garden, or anywhere I can put it out of the way as I live in a block of 6 flats (1 up 1 down)

Archived