How to stop neighbours using my bin!!

In that case, the bin lock sounds like your answer. You don't mind the neighbours using up spare space, but they've taken the mickey, and now they'll lose out on that.

Lock your bin - no confrontation, just a withdrawal of good will on your part, fair enough.

i'll look into that, but it'll not be till end of nov, i'm currently unemployed (but start new job on 1st Nov :D) so will be super skint until my first wage!

Thanks for you replies all! :)

If you have spare time until then, hang around by your bin and stop them using it ;)

Or just dump your excesses rubbish by the side of his bin on collection day. That way the council will peg the person that is actaully causing the problem, and not you.

Naturally you need to make sure the contents are not identfiable as being from you for this to work.

Get hold of some expanded polystyrene and fill some black bin liners with it. First thing Friday, after your bin's been emptied, pop them in and make sure they fill your bin. Then take them out just before your bin is emptied.

They are technically breaking the law as this is known as fly tipping. Point out that you are not bothered if he fills the rest of your bin on collection date, but you will not tolerate him filling it before. As stated before you cannot really back down on this as it may lead to even more p#ss taking.

Next time they put rubbish in your bin, take it out and throw it all over there drive/garden. You have tried asking nicely, and got abuse. If it was me that would be enough. Also if they are the violent type, make sure you stand your ground or they will walk all over you, they might get the message then.

Better still empty the lot on their lawn and as them to return your rubbish to the bin.If they are violent then get a large friend to do the same.Failing that smear superglue on the underside of the handle and watch.

Archived