How to stop neighbours using my bin!!

Good one Harley. :hihi:

For those stubborn neighbors who refuse to listen to reason.

Get yourself a trap and you're all set. If they ask, just tell 'em you have NO idea how the critter got into the bin. Must've been cold. ;)

I dont have any problem with trash bins. They are kept behind the tool shed and you can leave out as many bins as you like. I've left out as many as 9 sometimes some filled with tree and plant cuttings which are put in separate bins. The trash trucks in England are very small in size so probably you're allowed only one or two bins at most otherwise they'd be running to the landfills ten times a day :hihi:

The only problem we have is that one neighbour forgets to bring his empty bins in from the street sometimes which is "most unseemly my deah" in our otherwise very neat and tidy neighbourhood :hihi:

Now then Sierra dont sass our Andy. He might chuck his bin full of garden clippings at you :hihi:

He wouldnt know humour if it kicked him up the backside

He must feel like we do about tourists in California. You hate them gawking in the middle of the street and clogging the freeways, but aren't you proud to live in a place that so many people want to visit?

I've said many times Sheffielders should be proud they have such an interesting, vibrant forum to call their own.

From what's been said you're already stuck with rubbish in your flat as they are filling your bin. So fill their bin as soon as it's emptied, and fill your bin at the same time. Then just fill their bin first letting them use your bin. Sorted.

I got more bins than you have Andy boy. I could out bin you in two rounds any day :D

He must feel like we do about tourists in California. You hate them gawking in the middle of the street and clogging the freeways, but aren't you proud to live in a place that so many people want to visit?

I've said many times Sheffielders should be proud they have such an interesting, vibrant forum to call their own.

It is a good forum and I've had some worthwhile discussions with many members over the years.

There are quite a few who dont like us also. No worries. No tears. They dont even like people from Derbyshire and points south. Moles in holes is the best way to descibe them

I dont have any problem with trash bins. They are kept behind the tool shed and you can leave out as many bins as you like. I've left out as many as 9 sometimes some filled with tree and plant cuttings which are put in separate bins. The trash trucks in England are very small in size so probably you're allowed only one or two bins at most otherwise they'd be running to the landfills ten times a day :hihi:

The only problem we have is that one neighbour forgets to bring his empty bins in from the street sometimes which is "most unseemly my deah" in our otherwise very neat and tidy neighbourhood :hihi:

We keep ours in the garden shed next to the garage. Slobby neighbor was easily thwarted by waiting until he went to work before putting out the bins. I don't mind a neighbor using my toter if there's room and they ask first. This guy never asked and it wasn't just one bag of trash. He had like four. He often filled up other people's as welll. And our bins are big.

I feel for the OP because their neighbor sounds like a jerk and they have nowhere to hide their bin. It's annoying, inconsiderate and leaves them holding the bag. Literally.

I've seen license plates that have said "Welcome to California. Now go home"

We keep ours in the garden shed next to the garage. Slobby neighbor was easily thwarted by waiting until he went to work before putting out the bins. I don't mind a neighbor using my toter if there's room and they ask first. This guy never asked and it wasn't just one bag of trash. He had like four. He often filled up other people's as welll. And our bins are big.

I feel for the OP because their neighbor sounds like a jerk and they have nowhere to hide their bin. It's annoying, inconsiderate and leaves them holding the bag. Literally.

Never had a problem with others dumping in my bins. Everybody has enough of their own. You can leave anything out on the kerb for pickup.They prefer TVs, PCs and microwaves to be taken to a recycling centre though. Any scrap metal is usually picked up by people in the salvage business. I've left matresses, furniture and rolls of carpet out and they just heave it into the big dumpster in front of the truck which then lifts over the cab and empties it into the back where it's all crushed up straight away

Never had a problem with others dumping in my bins. Everybody has enough of their own. You can leave anything out on the kerb for pickup.They prefer TVs, PCs and microwaves to be taken to a recycling centre though. Any scrap metal is usually picked up by people in the salvage business. I've left matresses, furniture and rolls of carpet out and they just heave it into the big dumpster in front of the truck which then lifts over the cab and empties it into the back where it's all crushed up straight away

We have pretty much the same thing here. You can also have as many bins as you like...you just have to pay for them. My neighbor didn't want to pay. If you have that much trash on a regular basis just spare everyone and pay for the extra.

God Bless America.:hihi:

Archived