How to stop neighbours using my bin!!

It is a good forum and I've had some worthwhile discussions with many members over the years.

There are quite a few who dont like us also. No worries. No tears. They dont even like people from Derbyshire and points south. Moles in holes is the best way to descibe them

Just to take this off topic, a bit, if you look at the number of threads complaining about next door neighbours, anti-social behaviour and local council services you'll see that more vitriol is aimed at people and things closer to home than even Derbyshire.

There was a study done several years ago which showed that people's animosity towards their fellow man (or woman) increased in proportion to how close they were, just look at football rivalry.

Just to take this off topic, a bit, if you look at the number of threads complaining about next door neighbours, anti-social behaviour and local council services you'll see that more vitriol is aimed at people and things closer to home than even Derbyshire.

There was a study done several years ago which showed that people's animosity towards their fellow man (or woman) increased in proportion to how close they were, just look at football rivalry.

Some years ago I saw Wednesday play Derbyshire at Hillsborough. The Derbyshire supporters were all at one end of the field and at the end of the game they were allowed to leave first.

Violence fueled by booze not far beneath the surface. It never used to be like that

Most of these responses are a little bit passive aggressive aren't they.

How about tell him to stop it again, and when he hurls abuse at you, call the police and have him arrested for a public order offence... Or maybe that's still passive aggressive.. Hmm, awkward.

Of the PA responses, I like the bin lock as the least confrontational, and placing his rubbish back on his property and then using the bin yourself as the most :D

They will just fine him £80

Some years ago I saw Wednesday play Derbyshire at Hillsborough. The Derbyshire supporters were all at one end of the field and at the end of the game they were allowed to leave first.

Violence fueled by booze not far beneath the surface. It never used to be like that

Did sheff wed used to play cricket? because there is no such football team as derbyshire. Anyhow whats all this got to do with using a neighbours bin.:confused::huh:

My dad had this problem, he did try a bin lock but he use to forget to lock it sometimes,or when it was bin day neighbours use to put rubbish in the bin when the lock was off to empty. So his brother got him a gravity bin lock, you have to use a key to open the bin lid, but soon has you close the lid it locks itself. when you put the bin out for collection the bin lid is still locked, but it opens automatically when it is tilted at an angle of the when the bin is empted in the lorry then it re locks itself. The link added i have added shows you what the lock looks like. http://www.britishbins.co.uk/gravity-lock.html

My dad had this problem, he did try a bin lock but he use to forget to lock it sometimes,or when it was bin day neighbours use to put rubbish in the bin when the lock was off to empty. So his brother got him a gravity bin lock, you have to use a key to open the bin lid, but soon has you close the lid it locks itself. when you put the bin out for collection the bin lid is still locked, but it opens automatically when it is tilted at an angle of the when the bin is empted in the lorry then it re locks itself. The link added i have added shows you what the lock looks like. http://www.britishbins.co.uk/gravity-lock.html

If someone puts rubbish in it after you've taken it out to be emptied, why is that a problem?

If you have a window facing the bins, set up a camera to catch the culprit in action.

As stated before it is considered to be fly tipping, if you have footage of them doing it then the council can charge them for the offence.

I think the fine for fly tipping is £1000?.

At the very least the council will send the offender a letter telling them that they'll be charged if found fly tipping.

They'll also put signs up telling people that fly tipping can carry a fine.

Archived